Buddy Franklin
Adam Goodes
Matthew Pavlich
Stevey Johnson
Other... (Daisy, Higgins, Riewoldt etc)

roo boys!

Quote from: McRooster on July 13, 2010, 08:48:09 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on July 12, 2010, 04:14:23 PM
Are you going to be trading out Ziebell or just the three rookies because you should trade out JZ. Then you may have more cash and Buddy will be easy to afford.

Out of which one to select, well:

Buddy    My pick of the lot, he has been in amazing form and has been firing every week. Hasn't shown any signs of slowing down and with the form that Hawthorn are in, he is absolutely shining.

Pavlich   Will get midfield time and you can't go wrong with this guy, but he has just not been matching Buddy these past 5 or so weeks and had a bad one a couple of weeks ago, bounced back this week but will still only really score you 100-110 when he has a good week, while Buddy can/will pull out some awesome 130+ weeks.

Goodes   Agree that he often seems to find his way around this time of year, and last week was awesome but can we be sure that he can keep that up or was it just a once off thing? You can't ignore the shocking scores that were coming before this and if I were you I wouldn't want to risk him getting back to those 40's when you could get one of these other guys mentioned that will get 110+.

Steve J    Hand injury? If you are going to do the trades in the next two weeks he won't be back I don't think. Even after he comes back, he was having a few down weeks and ending his great form before he broke his hand and 4 weeks out won't help. He probably will be looked after when he comes back and eased into it, they won't want to have him out for the finals. No.
nice work too roo boys! 8)
8) 8) 8)

Not really any stats like hardnut's post. But if you combine them I think that Buddy would be the best option IMO.

elxam

Buddy without any hesitation- the team, the man, the hour.

Generalsor

Definately either Buddy or Pav.

Recent scores support Buddy but i can't help but lean more towards the Pav. Buddy was real close to a suspension this week - couple that with a tendency for dropping his head if things don't go his way and the decision becomes a little easier for mine.

RiOtChEsS

cant remember whose policy it originally was but its mine now too never bring in someone after their biggest score for the year ie Goodes

Davoo

Goodes- finishes seasons strongly, plays more midfield time to produce more 100+ scores and will get misfield time when bradshaws back probably.

buddy would be good but id worry bout him getting suspended.

pav - he will get more midfield time too with barlow out which could see him hit those 120+ scores. 

hardnut

I haven't really seen a link between Pav in the midfield and big scores. I think he goes better when he takes marks and kicks goals - he was killing it and a chance for the Coleman when his DT scores were up, now playing a lot of midfield time and scores have dipped....

I think we'd all go Buddy if he wasn't such a suspension risk - I'd rate buddy more likely to be suspended this year than Chappy to do a hammy ;)

What he did on the weekend was simply dumb and he was lucky.