Who to blame for GAJ's Captaincy form slump?

Started by McRooster, July 11, 2010, 11:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who to blame for GAJ's Captaincy form slump?

GAJ
14 (35.9%)
Malcolm Blight
3 (7.7%)
Bomber Thompson
7 (17.9%)
Joel Corey
2 (5.1%)
McRooster
13 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 2

McRooster

GAJ seems not to be THE "lock in" Captain these days. Many other players are currently outscoring him, Swan, Montagna, Boyd etc.
I have a few theories surrounding this..

1. GAJ is just playing below his par, out of Captaincy form.

2. Malcolm Blight and the GC weighing too heavily on him.

3. Bomber using him differently due to team structure with the injuries they're having and because he's pi$$ed about reason 2.

4. Joel Corey aka Lieutenant Joel, not there to facilitate the structure which allowed GAJ to run and create. Not getting the blocks and easy receives from Corey's  hard ball gets.

5. My fault - since I picked him up in rnd8 (@$549,400  :P) he has averaged only 108.67pts, prior to that he had averaged 137.33pts. Have I cursed him ???

Is anyone still locking him in ?

Flame

I am now locking in Swan. GAJ is scoring 110 consistently but not 140-160.

SCADDICT

I'd say number 1. But the GC stuff is still affecting him somewhat.

Blueboys

Yeah lost his Mo Jo - handball bag queen  :P

Time to pick new captain!  ;D

found in space

id say its 2 and 3. and i think it suggests hes leaving. i switched to swan a couple of weeks ago. On second thought it number 5 definatley

roo boys!

You cursed him Rooster :D

I have changed between Swan and God for the last 4 weeks. Swan this week ;D ;D

McRooster

Quote from: roo boys! on July 11, 2010, 02:29:56 PM
You cursed him Rooster :D

I have changed between Swan and God for the last 4 weeks. Swan this week ;D ;D
x2

I was beginning to think it was me. Have gone Swan last two ;D but had GAJ rnd 8 -13 >:( 

Windigo

I had a brain fade, and chose O'Keefe for captain earlier on in the year, he ended up getting a bout 60 and GAJ got like 120+  ::)

browny_wce

a few weeks ago when both GAJ n swan were bottoming out i had the option and cash to upgrade
opted for swan and have never looked back!!
161 captain last week and 141 captain this week  ;D ;D

numberwang

part bomber / part gc.

i think he'll do a lebron.
was there really any doubt who can pump out massive scores.

'stop looking at me swan!'

chatters24

Pretty happy that I avoided Gaz a few week's ago. Just thought there were way too many distraction's at the moment for him, particularly the public pressure that Bomber was putting on him.

bundyboy

yep - i jumped on about 3 weeks ago when I thought he was as cheap as he was going to get....and he has just been dissappointing - not bad, just not what we all expect of him.

that said, have had swan as captain all the way through, and between swan and montagna, I recon they remain Captains until I see GAJ pumping out 130+ scores again - which might be never!!

recon his head is already at GC even if his body is still at Geelong....

benjy251090

if he goes to GC, will you all pick him up in DT?

NADO95

Quote from: benjy251090 on July 12, 2010, 10:51:01 AM
if he goes to GC, will you all pick him up in DT?

no way will he get the help he is getting from the like of bartel, selwood, chapman and corey

RiOtChEsS

Gaz actually looked like he was gonna cry when bomber had words to him in one of the huddles on the weekend