premierleaguefantasy.com

Started by PowerMan, July 10, 2010, 10:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Brad Jones move to Liverpool as a backup keeper 8). 3.4 Mil i think.

RobsOverAchieverss

Wow so much happeneing as usual

Boomz

I think I'm addicted to changing my team... at least 20 times a day lol

DG

Sorry to jump in late, having contributed very little to this thread, but being a first timer at epl fantasy im unsure on plenty, mainly the keeping options, i have read through and seen a few different ideas, but it certainly seems like an area where you can save a little money, so im currently weighing up 2 options:

Gomez (5.5) or Jaaskelainen (4.5)

Obviously Jaas is going to concede way more goals, but that 1 mil would be much better spent elsewhere. Does that make sense, or am i not looking at it right? Just for reference that 1 mil would be used to upgrade Diame or Barton (both 4.5) to Hitzlsperger.

Fletch74

I like your options DG. I'm starting to think that I might downgrade Van Der Saar to Gomez as well and upgrade my mids.

DG

Quote from: Fletch74 on August 13, 2010, 10:56:12 AM
I like your options DG. I'm starting to think that I might downgrade Van Der Saar to Gomez as well and upgrade my mids.

it does seem quite tough to balance the team though, esp with Lampard and Rooney in my team. Like most people, i am on about my 600th revision, getting very excited!

benjy251090

Quote from: DG on August 13, 2010, 09:58:39 AM
Sorry to jump in late, having contributed very little to this thread, but being a first timer at epl fantasy im unsure on plenty, mainly the keeping options, i have read through and seen a few different ideas, but it certainly seems like an area where you can save a little money, so im currently weighing up 2 options:

Obviously Jaas is going to concede way more goals, but that 1 mil would be much better spent elsewhere. Does that make sense, or am i not looking at it right? Just for reference that 1 mil would be used to upgrade Diame or Barton (both 4.5) to Hitzlsperger.
Hitzelsberger is not a good option, he plays as a defensive/holding mid in his german club (dortmund or something where he was captain) good player yes, fantasy wise, unsure, could be a good unique though if he scores, i however will be staying away

Master Q

I like Gomez DG.

Also, who plays the first match of the season?

HillHero13

PowerMan

probably going to go with this side, extremely happy with it. have been tossing up all week between Jagielka & Heitinga, ended up going with Jags.

Mignolet~(Hahnemann)
Jagielka~J Evans~Kolarov~Ferreira~(Al-Muhammadi)
Lampard~J Cole~Arteta~Petrov~(Milijas)
Rooney~Boselli~(Fuller)

just then whilst typing I just realised I've got  no Arsenal players in. I may go Arteta to Nasri, then go with Heitinga as he'll probably play in the midfield this season!

HillHero13

will Ben Foster from birmingham be there number one keeper??

Fletch74

Some pretty good players there Powerman, but I think you need some solid defending. Clean Sheets are worth a bit, and I feel as though that defense will let a few through.

I have updated mine again. I've taken the advice I was given and this what i have now.

GK: Gomes (Robinson)
D: Vidic, Terry, Shawcross, Carragher (Bramble)
M: Dempsey, Ashavin, Arteta (Ferguson, Nolan)
F: Rooney (C), Davies K, Rodallega

Thoughts...

Fletch74

Quote from: HillHero13 on August 13, 2010, 01:47:40 PM
I'd say so, but he is in doubt this weekend.

Master Q

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Fletch74 on August 13, 2010, 01:53:04 PM
Quote from: HillHero13 on August 13, 2010, 01:47:40 PM
I'd say so, but he is in doubt this weekend.
He is. Was brought in to replace Hart as number 1. He was in some of my team plans until a I heard he might miss early with an injury cloud.

Quote from: DG on August 13, 2010, 09:58:39 AM

I like Bolton as a smokie this year. No certain star, but the majority of the team have been together for a while. Jaas is a veteran. Saves alot but will conceed. Should still score 3 most weeks but expect some big weeks from him :). Gomes had a hard time adjusting last season. Fumbled alot during the first half of the season (and still a bit after that). Hopefully he'll be over his jitters by now ::).

Quote from: DG on August 13, 2010, 12:23:03 PM
Quote from: Fletch74 on August 13, 2010, 10:56:12 AM

it does seem quite tough to balance the team though, esp with Lampard and Rooney in my team. Like most people, i am on about my 600th revision, getting very excited!
:o :o. I have neither but have a solid back 3 and midfield 3 instead.