premierleaguefantasy.com

Started by PowerMan, July 10, 2010, 10:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reesbr

What does everyone think about Chamakh?

Master Q

Ok Guys,  Need League Name, Code and If It's H2H or Unlimited Spots...

Justin Bieber

Check around page 5 or so. Pretty sure the name/codes are around there.

I don't personally like Chamakh. 8 is a tad expensive for an unproven forward in the EPL. Could be good as the midfield are great. But when Bendtner comes back, might have to fight for his spot unless they play 2 forwards up forward backed up by Arshavin in an attacking role.

reesbr

Yeah.

Forwards at or under 8.5??

Master Q

But there are 2 there, not sure which one of them is going to go ahead...

DonBomber

Quote from: Master Q on July 24, 2010, 05:06:01 PM
But there are 2 there, not sure which one of them is going to go ahead...
One of them is H2H the other is classic I think.

DonBomber

Quote from: vc_bombers on July 24, 2010, 04:02:00 PM
Quote from: DonBomber on July 24, 2010, 03:24:12 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on July 24, 2010, 03:25:14 AM
With all of cities new players it will be interesting to see if they can gel together. If they can tevez will score highly, if not who knows how he will score. Rooney on the other hand has played in the same team for years and is the focal point. Rooney will want to show how good he is after a poor world cup, so I would say rooney is better. Just depends if you want to spend the extra money.

For cheap players its always good to look at the promoted teams, such as newcastle and west brom, at this stage i would stay away from the blackpool players, as they should get belted most weeks.

On a different topic which of these pairs would you pick, both cost the same price. Go either arshavin and gerrard or fabregas and joe cole?
Thanks CrowsFan I think Ill stick with Rooney.

I would have to say Arshavin and Gerrard. What about Arteta though, you could save a little.

I'd go Cesc and Joe Cole, but Cole is very injury prone

Injuries have been a bit of a concern for Arteta, but he's proven that he can score highly. I've got Arteta in my team and I reckon he could score well especially with Fellaini out injured.

Thoughts on my team please:
Foster, Carson
Bosingwa, Boateng, Taylor, Figueroa, Evans
Essien, Petrov, Fabregas, Arteta, Ferguson
Agbonlahor, Crouch, Rooney
Not a bad looking team. I personally dont like Essien though, isnt he more a defensive midfielder?

vc_bombers

Quote from: DonBomber on July 24, 2010, 05:16:52 PM
Quote from: vc_bombers on July 24, 2010, 04:02:00 PM
Quote from: DonBomber on July 24, 2010, 03:24:12 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on July 24, 2010, 03:25:14 AM
With all of cities new players it will be interesting to see if they can gel together. If they can tevez will score highly, if not who knows how he will score. Rooney on the other hand has played in the same team for years and is the focal point. Rooney will want to show how good he is after a poor world cup, so I would say rooney is better. Just depends if you want to spend the extra money.

For cheap players its always good to look at the promoted teams, such as newcastle and west brom, at this stage i would stay away from the blackpool players, as they should get belted most weeks.

On a different topic which of these pairs would you pick, both cost the same price. Go either arshavin and gerrard or fabregas and joe cole?
Thanks CrowsFan I think Ill stick with Rooney.

I would have to say Arshavin and Gerrard. What about Arteta though, you could save a little.

I'd go Cesc and Joe Cole, but Cole is very injury prone

Injuries have been a bit of a concern for Arteta, but he's proven that he can score highly. I've got Arteta in my team and I reckon he could score well especially with Fellaini out injured.

Thoughts on my team please:
Foster, Carson
Bosingwa, Boateng, Taylor, Figueroa, Evans
Essien, Petrov, Fabregas, Arteta, Ferguson
Agbonlahor, Crouch, Rooney
Not a bad looking team. I personally dont like Essien though, isnt he more a defensive midfielder?

Yeh he sort of is, but I'm hoping he can recapture his past form. His last 2 full seasons, he's scored 144 and 121.

vc_bombers

Quote from: reesbr on July 24, 2010, 04:49:52 PM
Yeah.

Forwards at or under 8.5??

Bent or Agbonlahor? both proven fantasy players

reesbr

yeah exactly the two I was thinking.

Not sure which one though

reesbr

CrowsFan

or berbatov  ;D

i would stay clear of chamakh, as others have mentioned he is unproven in the EPL and even at bordeaux he wasn't a prolific goal scorer. only 10 in 38 matches last year

DonBomber

What about Keane if the transfer goes through, will he be a starter?

vc_bombers

Should be a starter. If Keane goes to Fulham, everyone will pounce on him. Same will Figueroa

CrowsFan

vc_bombers is right, everyone will jump on keane if he gets transferred. another option for a striker at 8 is saha. will be leading the line for everton and can score lots of goals