premierleaguefantasy.com

Started by PowerMan, July 10, 2010, 10:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

mentioned it already but i'll say it again. my team is the mighty ducks.
looking at your team chrisuzz its pretty solid but i don't like neville, de jong, or mascherano. neville wont be in the side every week since they will prefer to play wes brown or rafael. same reason with de jong he just wont get enough game time, especially with yaya toure there now.
you don't want defensive midfielders in your team either, which is why i don't like mascherano, even for your bench. in the 4 seasons he has been in the premier league he has scored 1 goal and had 3 assists. for the same price you could get guthrie from newcastle who last year scored 3 goals and had 13 assists, or charlie adam who scored 16 goals and 8 assists for blackpool last season

chrisuzz

yeh thanks for that CrowsFan :D
It is funny though cos when i play i play as a defensive mid yet i would say that i get quite a few assists. And im playing up a year level as well.

RobsOverAchieverss

Quote from: chrisuzz on July 16, 2010, 06:00:56 PM
It is funny though cos when i play i play as a defensive mid yet i would say that i get quite a few assists. And im playing up a year level as well.
Do you play football chris?

HillHero13

Quote from: RobsOverAchieverss on July 15, 2010, 10:11:31 PM
Quote from: HillHero13 on July 15, 2010, 09:40:51 PM
i really thinkk ashley cole will go to real... if torres comes to chelsea to pair up with drogba ill pick him... maybe they got a plan for someone like drogba now 32 that he starts on the bench and plays a half and torres the other.. wont be though
Torres will never go to chelsea i have said this all along he would only go to spain if he was going to leave its not the club he dislikes its the country.

david villa and andreas iniesta both said that if torres goes.. he will go to chelsea.. no were elsea.. now that barcelona have villa he will most likely nt go there...

CrowsFan

Quote from: chrisuzz on July 16, 2010, 06:00:56 PM
i find that defensive mids in amateur comps play very differently from the pro's like mascherano. in the amateur stuff which is what you would play (as do i) the DM's get forward a fair bit, but with the pro's they barely move forward letting the wingers and forwards do all the work, so although playing well, they dont get points. the scoring system is a bit like DT just rewarding stats, if it was like SC they would score well for contributions towards the game such as tackles and regaining possesion

Justin Bieber

If they do their job well they could get bonus points, but would have to do a darn good job ;).

CrowsFan

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 16, 2010, 07:58:10 PM
If they do their job well they could get bonus points, but would have to do a darn good job ;).
bonus points generally go to the players who score the goals or provide the assists

Capt Cunners

Will that Hernandez from Man U start instead of Owen and Berbatov???

CrowsFan

i wouldn't think its that likely capt cunners. first year players at united always find it hard to bet in to the squad, the exception being valencia. ferguson has kept his faith in berba and they often play with just one up front which would be rooney. if you want a striker around the same price yakubu could be a good choice. when fit he is in the first xi at everton and he is capable of scoring goals

RobsOverAchieverss

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 16, 2010, 08:35:12 PM
i wouldn't think its that likely capt cunners. first year players at united always find it hard to bet in to the squad, the exception being valencia. ferguson has kept his faith in berba and they often play with just one up front which would be rooney. if you want a striker around the same price yakubu could be a good choice. when fit he is in the first xi at everton and he is capable of scoring goals
Jermaine defoe is good option.

CrowsFan

yeah but defoe costs 9, whereas hernandez is 7.5 and yakubu is 7, so he prob cant afford him

Fletch74

What about Bent from Sunderland, he had a great season last year.

CrowsFan

bent is a tough one, the question is whether he can follow up from last season or whether he is paid more attention by the opposition and hence doesn't score as well. i would probably stay clear of him, but that is just me. for the same price you could grab agbonlahor or saha for 0.5 cheaper. you could even take a risk on chamakh from arsenal

RobsOverAchieverss

Quote from: Capt Cunners on July 14, 2010, 08:22:21 AM
Is Essien injured???

What are some good cheap players to get??
Cunners you spastic, you tell reesbr he doesn't now what he is talking about where he commented on Gerrard v Essien but yet you dont even know any cheap players to get great football knowledge.

reesbr