Previous topic - Next topic

Juddstar

I'm new here. what do you think of my team:

Gomes, Carson

Vidic, Dawson, Carragher, Shawcross, Alonso

Lampard, Dempsey, Yaya Toure, Nolan, Ferguson

Saha, Rooney, Beckford

RobsOverAchieverss

Saha and Beckford both from Everton and Everton aren't a profilic scoring team as it is i would keep one or the other personally, Ferguson is big fat P**k , but looks like a pretty solid team except shawcross could you get Fabio from man utd?

CrowsFan

agree with rob about having both saha and beckford. my rule of thumb is only have 1 player from a team in each position if you have more they will just take points off you.
i don't agree with getting fabio though. sure he may play this week cos fergie has given evra more of a rest after the train wreck that was the french world cup, but as soon as evra is fresh he will play and give fabio very little playing time.
having yaya toure is also a bad pick in my opinion. he has the 2 problems that you don't want in your team. 1: he is a DM so doesn't score many or create goals, and 2: he is a man city midfielder. who knows how much he will play!
if i were you i would get rid of either lampard or rooney. you can really only afford 1. by downgrading 1 you will be able to upgrade both shawcross and toure to better players.
just had a quick look and you could set up your team like this:
gomes (carson)
vidic, dawson, carragher, kolarov, alonso
lampard, dempsey,pienaar, nolan, ferguson
anelka, defoe, beckford
that was just a quick suggestion. i'm sure you could tinker with it a bit better

RobsOverAchieverss

[/quote]After all that you suggest keeping Ferguson are you serious?

CrowsFan

well if you are just keeping him on the bench as cover i don't see why it is bad. he will play every game so you know you are safe for cover, but he doesn't actually do anything on the field. as i said it was just a quick suggestion. i like to spend more on my bench so i can rotate like you do, but others don't. for the 4.5 price in the mids there isn't much value. at least you know with ferguson he will play. who would you suggest who only costs 4.5 rob?

RobsOverAchieverss

Wayne routledge for one but i will keep my cards close to my chest :) you will see in 24hours 44minutes and 33 seconds.

CrowsFan

yeah thats not a bad suggestion, but already having nolan in the mids i prob wouldn't pick him. could go vaughan from blackpool, he gets a few assists, or mulumbu from west brom.
well i can't wait to see your team rob, but like you i'm keeping my cards close to my chest so you will have to wait just as long before seeing my team :P

RobsOverAchieverss

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 13, 2010, 07:54:50 PM
yeah thats not a bad suggestion, but already having nolan in the mids i prob wouldn't pick him. could go vaughan from blackpool, he gets a few assists, or mulumbu from west brom.
well i can't wait to see your team rob, but like you i'm keeping my cards close to my chest so you will have to wait just as long before seeing my team :P
I also look forward to seeing your team, as much as we disagre its constructive we would be such best friends in real life Kicking the Football/soccer ball watching epl discussing , Trades...I am so excited about the EPL tommrow anyone else stay up and watch every game?   

CrowsFan

haha yes we do seem to disagree a fair bit, but we both always have good points to back up what we say. i look forward to a good competition this year

Justin Bieber

Shawcross seems to be very popular this year. Stoke's mid table finish last year and his age might get people looking at him. Can go forward which is good.

I have Huth instead. Should bob up with a goal here and there but on the bench :).

RobsOverAchieverss

Could anyone else not sleep last night!!! I swear you people and your pressure :(

Boomz

I've been changing my team every 10 minutes half the night... I don't think it's any better than when i started.

Master Q

Quote from: BOOMZ on August 14, 2010, 09:44:10 AM
I've been changing my team every 10 minutes half the night... I don't think it's any better than when i started.
Keep trying Boomz  ;)

Master Q

League Update: We currently have 23 people in the Classic league, could be a good year  :)

CrowsFan

just logged in to see 2 of my players in doubt! there goes all my weeks of planning!