Glad I didn't pick Houlihan

Started by Marcus, March 27, 2009, 11:41:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bo

Kinda irrelevant what he scores for the remainder of the season. Whats queried is the correct play prior to round 1 based on what we knew. He has exceeded expectations i think everyone will agree, and grats if you have him. I dont have him, but i dont think its that big a deal. I'm still averaging 2178 or something, and i assume marcus is doing well too.

Short term loss for long term gain, we'll get more from the money that the kid in houlihans spot generates, for the slight cost of consistancy, and have more money come finals (most likely). Whereas you give up long term cash for decent scores early.

If the quality of the kids in this years draft weren't so good, i dont think our system would work at all :) but its simmering along nicely.

Houlihan will probably peak at around 450, which is still a 150k gain, but it might take him a while to reach that, whereas the kids in our slots can gain 150k in roughly a month.

Both systems work, i just prefer our one.

Marcus

Quote from: Al on April 07, 2009, 07:40:56 AM
Yeah he will average around 80 I reckon...definitely a keeper and not a cash cow, much like Higgins. Sure they are mid priced but if they can average 80 there is no point trading them...
If you are planning on keeping a player that averages 80 you aren't seriously contending for the $55 000.

super87

not all of us are in it for the money. It's a fun comp and a weekly mouth off with mates

Marcus

Fair enough. Just giving advice based on maximizing result (just assume that if you're posting here that that's the aim of getting advice).

Bo

bluebaggas

say he takes 10 weeks to get to 450k, averaging 90
and a rookie takes 6 weeks to get to 300k, averaging 55

so you get the extra 50k from going the rookie option but over the 6 weeks you score 210 points more with houlihan

thats just my opinion.. wouldnt want to offend marcus lol

*houlihan is my only mid priced player
** i have 3 rookie backs already

Marcus

Well it depends really. Because if you take the extra 200k from having a rookie instead of Houlihan you can easily find a 35 point increase in your team. Both ways are fine as stated by Bo. I just prefer the route I'm on because if the rookie fires *points at palmer/rioli last year* it's bloody awesome.

bluebaggas

yeh good point
btw nice work getting 4 pages of comments lol
most ive ever seen

Al

Marcus

As if I am gonna win 55,000. I aim to win my league which something much more achievable. I got 1/300,000 chance of winning overall or 1/16 chance of winning my league. I am a realist.

My point is that these mid priced players are going to be more consistent than rookies so I, personally, am not gonna trade them. Instead I will upgrade my inconsistent rookies to premiums.

VIPGREEK

i love how everyone loves to talk it up on how good they are or what they reckon , especially how they think houlihan isnt playing well when hes supercoach scores prove the doubters wrong.

bluebaggas

hey marcus,
bet your not glad you didnt pick him now
houlihan + 170k instead of gram sounds pretty good to me lol

Marcus

Too true.
Houlihan has been gunning it.
Meanwhile Gram's disposal inefficiency is killing me.

Prospector_1

Gram is a superstar, don't despair.

Marcus

Yea he'll pick up. He generally takes a few games into the season before he gets consistent. Still scored a cool 100+ last week so he's still been decent. Just wish he'd be more efficient.

Bo

Yeh houlihan is breaking my balls. Still scoring well without him, but i'd be slightly better off with right now. I dont think anyone expected him to play this well. I'm certain he'll drop off.