Glad I didn't pick Houlihan

Started by Marcus, March 27, 2009, 11:41:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bo

I dont have houlihan. TBH he suprised me with his 99, but i think malceski is the correct choice here. I just dont know if houlihan will get the TOG to really push for a big score every week, and malceski will improve with each game.

If i had him in my team i wouldn't mind though :)

Marcus

@Hawks_1976
Exactly right. If he does average 80 this season he does become a pretty decent pick. However according to Thursday night's game - it looks like he won't. You have to remember that in the years he was averaging 80 they didn't have (or these players were only developing) Judd/Gibbs/Murphy.
Not to mention they have Grigg, Walker, Stevens in the wings to come back this or next week. Carazzo is also a few weeks away.
That's
Judd
Gibbs
Murphy
Simpson
Wiggins
Grigg
Walker
Stevens
Carazzo
who can all find the ball better than Houlihan can

ando10

ok guys when houlihan is dropped or playing badly then yous can rip into but for now hes in the team and junktime or not still 29 possies sounds like he can find it still.

jrod

Still waiting with baited breathe to find out how ando's team went on the weekend?

ando10

Marcus

You are not getting it are you ando? I'm not ripping into houlihan. I'm saying I'm glad I didn't pick him because I don't think he will continue with it. Did you even read my comments? Or even watch the game? 29 possies sounds like he can find it still? He couldn't find shower until their stars were subbed off... sigh I'm repeating myself again... If you don't bother to read the posts and try to understand it then don't bother replying because you're not adding anything to the discussion. I'm not flaming houlihan, I'm talking about his performance and I just plainly stated based on his performance I'm glad I don't have him.
If someone who actually watch the game can give me insight as to why my comments are wrong then go ahead. I'm more than happy to have intellectual discussion. But if all you're saying is he scored 99 or he got 29 possessions then save the typing. SC is a 22 round game, I'm extrapolating his game into future rounds and I don't see him returning to an 80 average.

ando10

hmm ok marcus chill out mate.
i did watch the game and all im sayin is i think he played ok
so leave it.

Marcus

Sorry for my tone. I'm just a bit frustrated at the continued poor quality of response on here.
'THe "thank god I didnt pick Houlihan" guy is a strange cat - $300K for a guy who gets 99 R1 - not good enough???? What have you been smoking. By your logic my skipper GAJ should get 700 pts per, or he traded out????'
I mean replies like that are plain ridiculous.

azza10

look at the facts: houlihan for 244,000 just got 94. whereas hodge 428,800 got 76. i know whos the better player and who is more consistent. but for the sake of DT. houlihan was more of an asset than hodge this week true. but lets face it. houlihans not going to be in anyones final DT22 come finals time(barring pulling something out of his arse to hold his spot). so long as he can get a few of these lucky scores whoever has houlihan is laughing! $$$

nas

Hey All, Let's Chill out & wait for a while & see what happens & then can say I Told you so OR, have egg on your face, IF it goes the other way.
Every one to their own as this also refers to every player IE: Raines, Ablett ( Wait till his price comes down) Why have him as Captain even if in your side, The list goes on.
Every ones entitled to their opion.
Mates, it's a forum for fun & jest & also a comp.  I'm in for fun both DT & SC & to rib & stir in the coaches boxes & also here & to offer my:-
50cents worth B4 Tax.       

jrod

ando10

Hawks_1976

I might start a thread called " Glad I didn't pick Ablett " and see what happens!! ( Like most however, I reaped the 324 from him this week! )

As far as Houlihan is concerned, I have 5 premium backs with Houlihan #6 so I think I have nothing to lose. He continues to score well, he becomes a keeper but he was purchased initailly to cash cow anyway so I have nothing to lose. As I said earlier, he only needs to average 55 to maintain his starting price because of his inital discount. He'll get that easily. I'm not saying that I'd be happy with a 55 average but finiancially you wouldn't be worse off.

mog_dog00

yes Marcus u should get flamed!!  i agree he was quiet but he did pick up 6 tackles and 29 disposals in the end with 3 Frees Against??  did watch the game and mate, 1st game with only 4 blokes on bench compared to wat happen in NAB i thought he moved okay?? 

bendylan

i'm quite happy with houlihan, even though i doubt he will replicate his 99 every game. malceski is a better choice, that's why i picked malceski first. he will improve, unless raging marty mattner takes all the back half ball.
houlihan is just fine. marcus, there just weren't many quality low-to-mid-priced backs. i'm sitting on top of my leagues after a solitary week but all of a sudden everything looks shaky. with grimes, gilham and raines out, young stephen hill looking shaky, ziebell seeming a little sus, broughton warming the bleachers, anthony gone, tippett delivering 16 points and travis tuck injured, a cheap back who delivers me 99 is like a dog on the doormat. very welcome.