Adelaide Crowds - Supporters or Spectators?

Started by McRooster, July 04, 2010, 12:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

The sound of 38,000 people sighing when something doesn't go to plan at AAMI is more deafening than the vuvuzelas at the world cup.
Crows fans have for too long been saturated with the expectation of the spectacular.
Disappointment throughout the stadium is deflatingly audible at anything less than par. It shortened Ian Perry's career... I mean, how was a man to continue bringing himself up contest after contest, week after week, as a spoilt crowd sighs after every dropped mark and missed kick for goal.
This does nothing for the current day players development, rather the opposite. Any satisfactory effort or resultant goal is met with polite clapping and self indulgent Adelaide! Adelaide! chants.
I was at the Bombers game tonight and was saddened for the seemingly minimal support of the players involved as I listened to the sighs of a supporter? base more disappointed that their latte was too cold or their Chardonnay was not full.
Adelaide won by 80+ points for flower sake, Reilly shut down Watson, Crows controlled every area of the game and still it wasn't enough for the spectators.
Come on Adelaide, get behind OUR boys and RANT, CHANT, SCREAM don't sigh :P Let's show some passion off the park and it will flow onto the park!!

Brilliant effort tonight boys! My voice is gone from screaming so much, it's the only thing I look forward to losing each time I go to the footy...more of us could do the same!

Justin Bieber

It wasn't the Dons greatest game :-[. Still if the Crows fans were sighing.....

If you are smashing your opponent, why the hell sigh? Guess thats why they are Adelaide supporters ;D. Don't know what they want ::).

McRooster

Gumby's mark was a CORKER! as a rare highlight for the Dons :)
Great job by Phil Davis on him, great distances covered, special one percent efforts by Davis were noted, especially for the Crows 15th goal started on the half back line by yet another Davis one percenter. 8)

Justin Bieber

Gumby didn't really do much. Pretty well covered. Hurley was also covered for most of the game. There goes our only 2 tall options (bar Ryder). Crows just outplayed the Dons last night :'(.

roo boys!

Just too many inexperience mistakes from an inexperienced team.

bunyip

Did anyone happen to notice how solid the Adelaide players are. They remind me of Brisbane when they won their prems.

Justin Bieber

They do have some solid players. But the way the bombers were playing last night, anybody could of looked solid :'(.

Hooker and Tyson were the only decent backman we had in. That was the beginning of the end there.

roo boys!

No Fletcher/Pears combo really killed you guys.

Master Q

Quote from: roo boys! on July 05, 2010, 10:45:16 AM
No Fletcher/Pears combo really killed you guys.
Don't under estimate Hooker, but yeh it did kill them.

If Pears was playing instead of Hooker, I would say "No Fletcher/Hooker combo really killed you guys."

roo boys!

Yeah whoever is not playing killed them but this is the main one: no Hird/Lloyd combe reaaaaalykilled you guys.

Dave085

Quote from: McRooster on July 04, 2010, 12:37:47 AM
The sound of 38,000 people sighing when something doesn't go to plan at AAMI is more deafening than the vuvuzelas at the world cup.
Crows fans have for too long been saturated with the expectation of the spectacular.
Disappointment throughout the stadium is deflatingly audible at anything less than par. It shortened Ian Perry's career... I mean, how was a man to continue bringing himself up contest after contest, week after week, as a spoilt crowd sighs after every dropped mark and missed kick for goal.
This does nothing for the current day players development, rather the opposite. Any satisfactory effort or resultant goal is met with polite clapping and self indulgent Adelaide! Adelaide! chants.
I was at the Bombers game tonight and was saddened for the seemingly minimal support of the players involved as I listened to the sighs of a supporter? base more disappointed that their latte was too cold or their Chardonnay was not full.
Adelaide won by 80+ points for flower sake, Reilly shut down Watson, Crows controlled every area of the game and still it wasn't enough for the spectators.
Come on Adelaide, get behind OUR boys and RANT, CHANT, SCREAM don't sigh :P Let's show some passion off the park and it will flow onto the park!!

Brilliant effort tonight boys! My voice is gone from screaming so much, it's the only thing I look forward to losing each time I go to the footy...more of us could do the same!

I remember a game a few years ago, cant remember exactly when, but we absolutely demolished who ever we played and the crowd went nuts for every possession and mark. It was so awesome to watch. I flicked on at half time or something like that and we were killing it. I remember i nearly flicked it off as i thought it would be boring to watch but the roars of the crowd kept me watching. We need that attitude back for sure! It was when crows were top of their game...

I like your point Rooster. Put it out there and hopefully attitudes will change?!! :-\

McRooster

Quote from: Dave085 on July 15, 2010, 02:55:51 PM
Quote from: McRooster on July 04, 2010, 12:37:47 AM

I remember a game a few years ago, cant remember exactly when, but we absolutely demolished who ever we played and the crowd went nuts for every possession and mark. It was so awesome to watch. I flicked on at half time or something like that and we were killing it. I remember i nearly flicked it off as i thought it would be boring to watch but the roars of the crowd kept me watching. We need that attitude back for sure! It was when crows were top of their game...

I like your point Rooster. Put it out there and hopefully attitudes will change?!! :-\
One post at a time ;)

numberwang

personally, all port bias aside, the crows have some of most uneducated supporters in the league. nail on the head - spectators.

most i know who have season tickets / go to most games and do not know half their team. dead set. and tonight boos towards the umpires was a perfect example.

McRooster

19th man tonight was a bigger factor than I've felt in a while, sensational effort men ;D
I introduced myself to the bloke this week who last fortnight said " in two weeks we'll beat Geelong if we play like this" and said "mate, you are the Messiah, what's your numbers for X-lotto's 20 mill tomorrow night? I'll give you 10%" he said straight off the bat "17, 36, 7, 18, 5, 27".
I've gotten home from the game and DT scores IN ORDER of Crow players are Bernie Vince 17, Simon Goodwin 36, Nathan Van Berlo 7, Graham Johncock 18, Scott Thompson 5, Scott Stevens 27 ???
flower me ???
I'll honour it, let it be known publicly, but WTF? Is this some sort of sign?  It's the weirdest shower I've ever seen :o

McRooster

If these numbers get up, I'll go further publicly to say that Call to Arms gets another 10%, Ted Whitten Foundation gets 10% and Leukemia Foundation gets 10%.
Touch wood for us all! ;D

If not, we maintain the fight! Every effort helps :)