The soccer News over the summer...

Started by HillHero13, July 01, 2010, 10:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobsOverAchieverss

Quote from: Andrew3737 on July 08, 2010, 10:53:58 PM
Arsenal won't go anywhere this season. SWP to spurs would be useless. Lennon is a better player. Dawson has become the best defender for spurs.
Hmm you disagreing with what i say thats new? Well as a spurs fan Ledley King is the most important player for Spurs and everyone at white hart lane knows that(his fitness is the problem) he is solid at the back and thats why they persist with him.. if you asked any spurs fan who they would prefer Dawson or King , it is simple really!!  and i think arsene is going to spend big in the transfer market and Arsenal will be challenging for the title along with the usual Man u, chelsea and possibly City

RobsOverAchieverss

Celtic beat arsenal, liverpool barca and Man City to sign Wonderkid Boyce..That would be the only transfer we have one against those 3!! Newsnow.co.uk has to be the best site going , i just keep refreshing at new news pops up awesome, i think hilly and HP are converted?

Justin Bieber

I go on every now and again. Best site I've heard of so far :P.

HillHero13

same.. ecept i select 'Chelsea' instead of everyone :P

Andrew3737

Did you not watch Dawson in the second half of the year? He was insane in defence and led Tottenham to the top 4. If you ask who has become more important, they would Dawson. I am 100% of that.

HillHero13

BREAKING NEWS!!

Liverpool will tell Spanish striker Fernando Torress that he MUST stay at liverpool

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premiership/liverpool-to-tell-torres-he-must-stay-at-anfield-14871044.html?#

HillHero13

hahaha

Man City want didier drogba for ONLY 20 million pounds..

i reckon he is worth more than that...

RobsOverAchieverss

Quote from: Andrew3737 on July 09, 2010, 03:26:58 PM
Did you not watch Dawson in the second half of the year? He was insane in defence and led Tottenham to the top 4. If you ask who has become more important, they would Dawson. I am 100% of that.
Well i go for tottenham so yes i did and no doubt was a great for us and that's why he was handed the Capt, however he is only Capt because L King is injury prone a fully fit King is vital to tottenham and i as a supporter would take that anyday over a fully fit Dawson.

RobsOverAchieverss

Liverpool will tell Spanish striker Fernando Torress that he MUST stay at liverpool

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premiership/liverpool-to-tell-torres-he-must-stay-at-anfield-14871044.html?#
[/quote] Hilly who do you think the most important player to Chelsea is and do you think they Can go Bak2Bak?

Andrew3737

Chelsea would need a massive improvement on last season. Manchester United were very poor and still kept up with them untill the last Match Day. Essien is their best and most important player, so when he comes back, it would be like a new signing. They need to find players to play on past Lamps, Didier and Terry.  Chelsea squad is aging and needs to find suitable replacements for those players. Getting rid of Deco, Ballack, Belletti and Ferrira were very good steps into making it. Chelsea going back to back will rely on the fitness and depth of their squad coming into the new season. Drogba and Lampard won't be able to play every game that they are avaliable for like last season. So it is going to be very interesting. I wouldn't be surpised if Chelsea won or came 4th. The margin for error is so close this coming season. With the strength of Man City growing bigger and faster by every day, and with Tottenham inevitably going to get stronger this transfer season, the top 2 and 3 position are going to be fought for harder and faster then the season just gone. I still except Man Utd to be title contenders and prob pip the title if Chelsea don't get their act together.

RobsOverAchieverss

Quote from: Andrew3737 on July 09, 2010, 08:00:49 PM
Chelsea would need a massive improvement on last season. Manchester United were very poor and still kept up with them untill the last Match Day. Essien is their best and most important player, so when he comes back, it would be like a new signing. They need to find players to play on past Lamps, Didier and Terry.  Chelsea squad is aging and needs to find suitable replacements for those players. Getting rid of Deco, Ballack, Belletti and Ferrira were very good steps into making it. Chelsea going back to back will rely on the fitness and depth of their squad coming into the new season. Drogba and Lampard won't be able to play every game that they are avaliable for like last season. So it is going to be very interesting. I wouldn't be surpised if Chelsea won or came 4th. The margin for error is so close this coming season. With the strength of Man City growing bigger and faster by every day, and with Tottenham inevitably going to get stronger this transfer season, the top 2 and 3 position are going to be fought for harder and faster then the season just gone. I still except Man Utd to be title contenders and prob pip the title if Chelsea don't get their act together.
Thanks andrew and Hilly your thoughts?

HillHero13

im on my ipod so not a big write up.. i will when im on a computer

but..

Chelseas most important player would have to be cech..

his the only real good goalkeeper we have got,. last year was great with the help of the defenders.. but with the loses of fererier, belletti etc etc... the question will be asked who will be cover...

chelsea have answers

our defence will be

RB alex CB Terry LB cole abd the other one im not too sure
on will be bosingwa...

defence no problems..

midfield...

esseien lampard mikel aguero if we get him...

if not then malouda

no problems there and if we do get aguero then we can have cover for lamps..

positivr again..

strikers

drogba torres malouda anelka..

again if we dont get torres we have cover anyway malouda can start on the bench and cover any st/cm in the team..

all good signs

plus the signing of beneyoun..

can we go bak2bak..  deffenantly... so what there old there in red hot form and ancelotti obviously knows what his doing.. they know they can do the treble and this season can do the champions league...

kalou is great for them...

and loaning some players off will be good for the future..

my starting team and predictions..

cech
alex bosingwa terry cole
essien lampard aguero mikel
drogba torres
bench
anelka, kalou, benayoun, turnbull

i fo think we will get torres and aguero and will strengthen this side alot more

premier league: champions
fa cup: champions
champions league: runners-up
carling cup: semi final

there you go rob...

RobsOverAchieverss

Hilly LoL not very informative but i guess it will have to do (Joke) chelsea have proved money can buy success i think man city will be a bit of a challenger and ultimately chelsea should win but man united unless they sign players ie.. striker to  help rooney or even as backup if he gets injured and also a Gk Van der sar is too old so a good goalkeeper would be important for united aswell. But really enjoyed your thoughts on chelsea Hill :)

HillHero13

also chelse like many clubs want ozil..

and what are you laughing at..

last year they were named the 2nd best club in the world behind barcelona..

RobsOverAchieverss

Quote from: HillHero13 on July 09, 2010, 11:13:58 PM
also chelse like many clubs want ozil..

and what are you laughing at..

last year they were named the 2nd best club in the world behind barcelona..
Laughing at? ???