Main Menu

Rookies for next year???

Started by elephants, June 27, 2010, 11:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: browny_wce on June 29, 2010, 01:20:04 AM
mate im trying to find those waters/maguire/eski type players, "the returners from injuries" who are gonna step back in and light it up.
obviously jbrown, roo are first to come to mind, then maybe guys like kerr, drummond, andy otten, brad ottens, pettard, petrie, shuey...??
any others?

yeah im ging to be looking at otten, j brown and roo. unfortunatley kerr is atgged every single week, killing his dt scores

Justin Bieber

Pros will likely move this to the strategy thread sooner or later ;D.

Gotta get a few gold coast rookies. Also have my eye on Mitch Hallahan. Plays for the Stingrays and has been kicking goals like crazy past few weeks.

Otten on my radar as well 8).

roo boys!

Sure enough, moved to the Strategy board. ;D

Gold Coast rookies will be good looking at, I know one personally Josh Toy, he is a gun and has a booming kick too. I remember watching him in school when he was in grade 5 playing foot at lunch time. Very funny to watch him dominate

elephants

what about Ben Jacobs. dunno where he plays or who he plays for but i assume its the midfield because he picked up 47 possesions aginst south australia  when playing for victoria metro

valkorum

NAB Cup is going to be interesting next year to watch the GC players to see who is getting lots of the ball

Justin Bieber

Also keep an eye out this year for some of their VFL matches. Can find a few decent rookies this way as well. Sometimes the NAB cup can be deceiving ;).

browny_wce

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 30, 2010, 12:44:08 PM
Also keep an eye out this year for some of their VFL matches. Can find a few decent rookies this way as well. Sometimes the NAB cup can be deceiving ;).
yeh...mitch banner!  >:(

Fireballz

Anyone reckon Harley Bennell's a chance to get drafted? WA forward who's played pretty well in the u/18's and kicked a few bags.

browny_wce

Quote from: Fireballz on June 30, 2010, 04:30:57 PM
Anyone reckon Harley Bennell's a chance to get drafted? WA forward who's played pretty well in the u/18's and kicked a few bags.
was watching the Vic Country vs SA game today and Liam Pickering (AFL commentator and GAJs manager) recons Swallow (WA), Bennell (WA) and Day (SA) top 3 picks by GC

Justin Bieber

As browny said, should go early. Watched that Future TAC stars a few weeks ago and said Bennell will almost certainly go to GC.

CFC 1979

Quote from: browny_wce on June 30, 2010, 05:14:10 PM
was watching the Vic Country vs SA game today and Liam Pickering (AFL commentator and GAJs manager) recons Swallow (WA), Bennell (WA) and Day (SA) top 3 picks by GC

yeah he's got a big mouth when it comes to the kids but what about GAJ

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CFC 1979 on June 30, 2010, 07:31:56 PM
Quote from: browny_wce on June 30, 2010, 05:14:10 PM
yeah he's got a big mouth when it comes to the kids but what about GAJ
Eyes only on one thing = $$$

CFC 1979

word around he club is he is not welcome

don't blame them

chrisuzz

gonna look at Jesse O'Brien tommorow night if i can watch the game, is a FWD/DEF so that may come in handy.

browny_wce

Quote from: chrisuzz on June 30, 2010, 07:50:34 PM
gonna look at Jesse O'Brien tommorow night if i can watch the game, is a FWD/DEF so that may come in handy.
whos he play for then?