What goes on the footy trip stays on the footy trip!

Started by McRooster, June 24, 2010, 11:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

Fantastic weekend!! ;D

The highs, the lows - good times had by all.

The Melbourne sporting scene is phenomenal.

Does anyone actually pay for a tram ride? We paid for tickets but didn't use them.

I have some great photos but I am having trouble attaching them >:(

Thanks again to the advice givers, Melbourne is a great place! ;)

dylsta05

McRooster

Yeah we had a clucking great weekend!  ;D

Except for the hail and the result on Sunday. :'(

dylsta05

haha well im glad you enjoyed your time in melbourne

HillHero13

depends what tram you used.. did you use the city circle.. they are free... and they do say Melbourne is the sporting capital of the world..

and i know.. just going to the MCG on a Friday night or whenever just gives me the shivverss...... coz of ANZAC Day 2009!!

McRooster

We stayed on George St. in East Melbourne (Knightsbridge Apartments) so it was easy as to walk to the two games at the MCG, up over the walk over at Jolimont station and there we were.

It was free fare Friday on the tram we found out after boarding >:(
The guy at the 7/11 on the corner opposite the tram stop would have been chuckling to himself as he would've known that but still sold six of us tram tickets! :P

The only prob, and it's a very small point was at Etihad. We were up so high we couldn't see part of the boundary.
The ease of entry/exit, facilities, closeness to town and transport was superb.

dylsta05

haaha where are you from?
wait wait..
let me guess adelaide.
What was your favorite game ?

McRooster

My favourite game was the drinking game I invented on Saturday night at the Crown Bar! ;)

Yeah, I'm from Adelaide - what gave it away? :P

Impressed by Bombers and their play on at all cost approach, also as disappointing as the Crows were I realised how good Collingwood is.

Nearly had my head taken off when I walked into the Crown Bar and the giant screens showing the Bledisloe Cup had the Aussie national anthem playing - I raised my fist and belted the song out in FULL voice, very patriotic I felt and had a few hundred people looking at me strange, I thought come on you guys -JOIN in!!
Then the HAKA started and I realised why no-one was joining in with me -THEY WERE ALL KIWI! :o
I suddenly felt like Alex's turtle - had to pull my head in very quickly :-X
Then we scored first try and I raised up again but had a quick flashback to the movie "Once were Warriors" and decided to begin golf clapping instead.

dylsta05

haha sounds like the best weekend !

i liked that game aswell at with beer :)

bit embarrassed haha

Master Q

Sounded like fun, maybe I should go to Melbourne sometime :P O wait, I live there  :D :D :D

dylsta05

Quote from: Master Q on August 03, 2010, 09:14:22 PM
Sounded like fun, maybe I should go to Melbourne sometime :P O wait, I live there  :D :D :D
haha same i love living in melbourne :)

McRooster

Wish I could get the photo's working - couple of corkers!

Q - you were spot on about Jolimont, thanks ;)

Walked back to apartment both nights from town. Lord of the fries was busy but VERY ordinary at 3am ish.
Surprised at absolute fine looking ladies getting knocked back by cabbies for a full fare ride because they "weren't likely to get a fare back from that area".

And King Street! :o :o :o

Rockpool seemed to have lost our reservation on the Friday night :D

Justin Bieber

Nice weekend you had lined up 8).

How did you not hear about the Free public transport of Friday!!! I got lucky. Went to the city that day :D.

Lol, Kiwis ;D.

elxam

Such fun, such dedication.

Couldn't keep too far away from my phone last week in Cairns.

roo boys!

I never pay for the ticket on trams anyway...

Sounds like fun Rooster, glad you enjoyed our town!