Main Menu

Pre Season begins now!

Started by McRooster, June 22, 2010, 08:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

Let's face it, if you're not in contention now, ie top 1000, then your overall season is over!
Bragging rights over office mates, family and friends is all you've got left.

Begin your pre season now!
Matty Wright from North Adelaide is rookie listed at the crows. He had 26 touches on the weekend and has been BOG several times  in past weeks. Stephen Rowe said he was "next in line for Crows mid-field" and was like a young GAJ!"

mehaff17

Agreed. Could be a good get next year. The kid is a gun. Had a few setbacks was originally touted as a first round draft pick.
Glad to see he got his chance in this years rookie draft. Definitely one to keep an eye on!

Justin Bieber

I'm keeping an eye on the Gold Coast youngesters. Swallow is looking in great form.

mehaff17

Yeah Swallow will be in a lot of teams i reckon! including mine :)

Justin Bieber

Might take some more risk next year. Go for a few more uniques. This year, many uniques i booted before round 1 lockout came back and bit me :'(.

mehaff17

Yeah a risk you must take if you want to finish top 500!

Justin Bieber

Quote from: mehaff17 on June 22, 2010, 09:31:04 PM
Yeah a risk you must take if you want to finish top 500!
More like 20k at this stage :'(. Dang underperformers >:(.

mehaff17

hahaha yeah kills ya doesn't it! 

McRooster

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 22, 2010, 09:21:35 PM
Might take some more risk next year. Go for a few more uniques. This year, many uniques i booted before round 1 lockout came back and bit me :'(.
Nostalgia is the narcotic for the masses.

Many coaches believe in the strength of what a player WAS, not how he IS!
Calculated unique picks are the only way, basing their pick in your team by thorough research, not what the masses preach. Often having to base that research a year in advance.

Good luck for next year gentlemen.

Justin Bieber

Exactly McRooster :).

Had 3 guys pencilled in and turned them away. Then they go out and have cracker years :'(. Not to mention so many others on my radar that fired and i didn't take the chance on them :'(. Always next year....

ronl

Yes, agree with all you guys have said.  I also fell into the trap of believing too much of the early hype that was going around pre-season re players such as Tippett, Dangerfield just to name two.  For example, my personal pre-season notes on Dangerfield were that he had amazing skills but simply did not get enough of the ball to score well consistantly, and was somewhat injury prone. That's exactly how his year has panned out, yet I still put him in and it ended up costing me a trade and some very low early scores from him.  It really comes down to, in the end, having the courage to trust your instincts.  If you want to finish in the top 50 you have to hit the ground running and get the early scores on the board because once the others get in front of you it's bloody hard to run them down.

Blueboys

Classic - Start planning for next year already!  :P hahahaha

Hawka

Which players should be coming back from injury next season the hunt,water,kennely of this year i know one andy otten from adelaide

Hawka

thought of another 1 jamie charman was 160k this year and out 4 the season so should be 100k

RobsOverAchievers

I Went to School with Trent MacKenzie from the GC Very Talented Youngster, Come 2nd for the Sprint on Grand Final Day last year, Massive Tank and a long Raking Kick Would'nt be Suprised if Get a Game round 1 a bit of a smokey