I just realised something..

Started by thornz23, June 07, 2010, 07:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thornz23

Ok so we all know barlow is a freak and is dominating.. But i just realised that for 100 bucks.. u can upgrade barlow to boyd! now on averages they are the same.. but boyd is such a proven dter it seems ridiculous not to waste a trade in doing this. Last week i was saying no no dnt trade barlow hes a gun but for a straight swap from barlow to boyd.. it is very tempting..
It would give me a mid of GAJ, Swan, Joey, Boyd, Bartel and stanton.. Seems almost worth it just for that mid lol.

Sammocorw

wooly

Not worth it, unless you have trades to spare (even then it would seem silly).

Prospector_1

Luxury trade - save this for finals.

chich94

it is completely and utterly pointless

all your wanting from the trade is your midfield to read boyd instead of barlow.

quite a waste imo

Dave085

At the end of the day it really depends how man trades you have left.
Why not wait till Barlow drops in form if he does... Or an injury pops up...

elephants

hah i like you are studying :P

nah barlow has to be there till the end he has had one bad game 47 v geelong where he was tagged by lingy

thornz23

Quote from: chich94 on June 07, 2010, 07:51:41 PM
it is completely and utterly pointless

all your wanting from the trade is your midfield to read boyd instead of barlow.

quite a waste imo
Haha that is exactly y i want to pull the trade. just for the look of that midfield. I wont do it because like i told people last week it is complteley sideways and barlow is killing it. Just thought it was a tad amazing to note that u could do this trade for $100 lol. A first year player is the same price as a proven elite midfielder.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Prospector_1 on June 07, 2010, 07:48:24 PM
Luxury trade - save this for finals.
What if Barlow is benched and another Premium comes in ;). Gets you thinking.....

chich94

it is amazing to note that it could be done for $100

however

why use a trade, a may come back to bite you in the arse

Bluke

What prospector said. Could be a season defining move come finals time. Most teams will have Barlow but if you up him to a gun premium (Montagna, Swan, Chapman) then it could be the move that sets your midfield above the rest.

chich94

Quote from: Bluke on June 07, 2010, 08:35:22 PM
What prospector said. Could be a season defining move come finals time. Most teams will have Barlow but if you up him to a gun premium (Montagna, Swan, Chapman) then it could be the move that sets your midfield above the rest.

agree, but to early to do it at the moment, would wait till finals time first tho

elxam

Because he has been around we know what Boyd can and can't do, i.e., he's just off the 1st tier of Ablett, Swan and Montagna, so almost a must-have in most peoples' mids.

Can we say the same about Barlow ? He seems to be getting better as the season wears on .... what will his ceiling be I wonder...

a definite fantasy fantasy trade for sure.