Main Menu

Fantasy NFL

Started by RiOtChEsS, June 05, 2010, 01:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

haha yeah that was an issue i had with that team that the guy traded me all his good players... it only went 4-2 after the trade and guys with bigger score projections vs weaker teams tended to score less than the another guy who had a rough matchup ::) didnt really matter that the team was loaded just made decisions more difficult, like how am i supposed to bench Megatron or Welker when they have a favorable matchup :-\

hard to go past Welker/Wallace combo but if u did Salsa has been very consistent

Mat0369

So I have also picked up Charlie Batch as well for a worst case scenario.

These are what my two teams look like right now

Yahoo .5ppr league 12 team

QB: Roethlisberger (pending health)
RB: Shady McCoy
RB: Turner
WR: Bowe
WR: Welker
WR: Cruz
TE: Winslow
DEF: Steeler
K: Gould
Bench: Yates
Batch
Grant
Gresham
James Jones
Robinson
Gresham

ESPN PPR 12 team:
QB: Eli
RB: Turner
RB: Ryan Grant
WR: Welker
WR: AJ Green
RB/WR: Marshall
TE: Celek
DEF: Ravens
K: Gould
Bench: Andre Johnson
DeAngelo Williams
Ben Tate
Breaston
Keller
Maurice Morris
Riley Cooper

So what I have to consider for this week.

The Yahoo league I have to look at what to do with Roethlisberger, Bowe and Winslow. I think I have to risk going with Big Ben if he practices at least once this week. I have Batch if he does not play to put in at QB. I don't like benching my studs but I don't trust Palko at QB and have Robinson sitting on my bench. TE has been a problem all year for me, they both have good matchups however.

For the ESPN league it is all about who to play at RB 2. Tate could be an option since the Panthers run D is terrible. The Texans could run the ball down their throats all day if this is the case. Grant had a big game last week and so did DeAngelo Williams.

Should I keep those starting line ups as they are or should I change them?

BratPack

yahoo league: I would sit on Big Ben and slot in Batch if he's ruled out, there's talk Ricky Stanzi could start this week for the chiefs.

espn: Depends on what your situation is....If you're safe. Grant....if you need to swing for the fences go Tate

MajorLazer

I just traded Big Ben and Mendenhall for CJ2K and Flacco.

Good trade or not?

BratPack

Quote from: MajorLazer on December 17, 2011, 02:17:25 AM
I just traded Big Ben and Mendenhall for CJ2K and Flacco.

Good trade or not?

Eh.....Depends if Ben plays Tuesday or not. Flacco is worse than him and CJ2K hasn't been anything but has good matchups. Could go either way.

MajorLazer

I have Stafford as my main QB. Traded Big Ben cos I don't need him anymore.

RiOtChEsS

the week i get fed up with megatron in salary cap an trade him cos everyone has him he busts 9/214 and 2tds ::)

BratPack

Week 2 update: I lead Gwill 73-61. Rice and Steelers left for me Matthews and Novak for GWill.

Total: 196-135

Other game is going down to the wire. Carine needs the Ravens D to score 6 to send GO packing

gwilliams

Congrats BP, you certainly had the players when it counted.

I won the second week though, so I'd prefer to think of it as a 1-1 draw rather than a 41 point thrashing  ;D

gwilliams

How's everyone going in their leagues?

Out of 31 leagues I made 19 playoffs and now I'm in 10 Championship rounds

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: gwilliams on December 21, 2011, 12:27:37 AM
How's everyone going in their leagues?

Out of 31 leagues I made 19 playoffs and now I'm in 10 Championship rounds
well done Gwill and well done BP too bring home the lombardi for FF 8)

i havent checked my teams yet, won about 57% of games, just too many rosters...

rekn id be in a few still tho with the weird weekend of scoring, some of my teams that didnt make it were better name and depth wise than my winning teams ??? just depends who u run into on a given weekend i spose...

also feverishly preparing for NBA :P ive got a 20 team limit so that shouldnt be too hard to keep up with... hopefully :D

BratPack

15 from 23 teams for me are in the Superbowl. 2 sides lost by a combined total of 3.45 points  :'(

Let's have a look at our league though and my match against Team GO. I got thrashed by him earlier in the year when Bradshaw went BEAST MODE. This is how I THINK we'll look in week one

Quarterback.
Team GO has Aaron Rodgers, which should give him the automatic edge, but against Chicago and no offensive line who knows? But if he's lost faith he does have The Golden Boy on his bench
I'll be going with my Mister Reliable, something I never thought I would say at the beginning of the year. Matthew Stafford up against San Diego. I do have Romo but I'm not chancing him, no way no how.
Advantage: Team GO should have it. But not by as much as you'd think

RB1
Team GO has been hurt by injury in his running back corps. He'll probably lead off with Bradshaw against the J-E-T-S, not a horrible match up by any means.
I'll be going with the man who's been there all year. Ray Rice, against a pourous Cleveland defence he should be in for a good day. Of course that's been said about Ray before this season
Advantage: I'd rather face the Browns than the Jets. One for the Good Guys

RB2
Here's where things go a little awry for Team GO, unless he can find something on the Waiver Wire his number 2 is probably going to end up being Pierre Thomas against Atlanta. If he vultures a TD fine otherwise a mess
I'll bring the 1-2 punch to play by rolling with MJD versus a Tennesee D that just got torched by Donald Brown.
Advantage: I really don't want to tempt the fantasy football gods but I kinda like my chances here

Flex (RB/WR)
Team GO has being plugging A.J Green into this spot. Definately not the worst flex in the world
I have a toss up. Felix Jones against the Eagles or CJ Spiller against Denver. My head says Spiller but I've been burnt badly on him before.
Advantage: Probably a push

WR1
Team GO has Larry Fitzgerald to lead his recieving corps.....a bulletproof choice.
I shall probably go with The Slot Machine. Wes Welker against the Dolphins. Has been solid all the way for me and I don't see that changing
Advantage: Push.

WR2.
Team GO currently flies with Santonio Holmes. A man who in recent weeks has needed TD's to be worth anything. Could switch it up and fly Manningham into it.
I currently have The Salsa King locked in that spot. But I'm thinking this week I may have to change that. The spectre of Revis Island as a possibility even with Nicks is scary, especially when I've got either Mike Wallace, Dez Bryant or Laurant Robinson waiting in the wings. I'd look to Wallace here I think but I'll wait to see what the rankers say before I make a final choice
Advantage: Wideout's been my strong suit this season. The waiver wire has served me well.

TE
Now Team GO has the 3 card trick here. Dustin Keller, Vernon Davis or Jermichael Finley. I'd say he'd probably roll Davis, but he started Keller last week
I have Owen Daniels.....and unless something drastic happens I will continue with Owen Daniels
Advantage: Up in the air. Should be his on paper though

D/ST
Interesting to see what Team GO does here. He currently has the Bears D.but against Rodgers? Eh I don't know. He may look to the wire.
I took the Steelers D from Marcz about 5 weeks ago when he upgraded to the Texans and against St Louis and getting Harrison back I'm happy to roll with them again
Advantage: Well currently it's Aaron Rodgers v Sam Bradford/Kellen Clemens. You do the math

Kicker
Not that it matters but Team GO goes with Dan Bailey, the Dallas Kicker
I took Gostkowski from NE when Cundiff was in doubt. You still get points for kicking extra points.
Advantage: Who cares?

Looks good on paper so far

RiOtChEsS

yep looks good BP 8) id play Spiller, we got torched against the Eagles last time and Murray only got 10 carries for 74  yds...

Felix could get a few catches too but lets face it that game between BUF/DEN is gonna stay close so plenty of Pill for Spill :P

RiOtChEsS

ooh that burns...

holy shower what a relief that tiebreakers go on playoff seeding :o after losing one game all year that would suck massively...

so i just tallied up my results,  89 of the 122 made playoffs and im into 44 Superbowls... bit disappointed with only 44 to keep up my championship winning average il need to win virtually every single one of those Superbowls...

RiOtChEsS

got up for a dawny (photos) and the weather had turned feral :(

but i had 30 mins to check for outs and saved myself some zeros from Helu and Cundiff 8)

changed up 4 slots in the salary cap game to try catch ya BP... 26 down with two to go i had to get adventurous

Dang The Salsa King just went 99 and a TD on 2 blown tackles ::) course i just dropped him in salary cap... for B.Marshall tho 8)

AP down again with a knee/ankle :o thanks for a decent score but dang that hurts his stock for next year...