Main Menu

Fantasy NFL

Started by RiOtChEsS, June 05, 2010, 01:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BratPack

19 from 23 teams in the playoffs. Although 3 are in NFL and don't count cause a blind squirrel could finish with a 9-4 record

Although half of them are limping into the playoffs mortally wounded. At least 5 of them had starting RB's of Marshawn Lynch, Toby Gerhart and Roy Helu last week

RiOtChEsS

there really is a fair bit of luck involved, i have a team 11-2 does not hava decent RB bcos of injury, and another that pulled over 1200pts in a yahoo standard format which is 2nd in the league by by only 10 points but i finished 4-9 ???

RiOtChEsS

Hakeem Nicks and Tony Gonz off the waiver wire HELLO :o

gwilliams

Just checked and only ESPN has Nicks as undroppable (out of ESPN, Yahoo and NFL.com). It really sucks when people drop the stars at this stage of the fantasy season.

Mat0369

So I have Roethlisberger and my other QB is Josh Freeman. I have the bye this week so I have to look at my available options for next week. Freeman would be playing Dallas if he plays and is inconsistent. Roethlisberger will have a few extra days to rest the ankle up but he is coming up against the 49ers and is banged up. I don't think I will be able to start either of these guys next week unless Roethlisberger is a full participant in all the practices.

My available options are Christian Ponder v NO, Dan Orlovsky v Ten, Alex Smith v Pitt, Matt Moore @ Buf, Grossman @ NYG, Bradford v Cin, Kolb v Cle, Orton v GB

If I was to pick 3 possible QB's out of that bunch it would be Ponder, Moore and Orton. If Orton plays this week and does ok I might pick him up as insurance since the Packers don't have the best pass D. Moore I think is the next best option and then Ponder. The Vikes are going to be playing from behind so they are going to have to air it out.

RiOtChEsS

id lean toward Moore Vs Buffalo secondary is weak and he doesnt mind airing it out...

RiOtChEsS

guessing MJD has given BP the upper hand in the FF matchup :o

BratPack

Quote from: Marcz on December 12, 2011, 10:58:10 AM
guessing MJD has given BP the upper hand in the FF matchup :o

Live score has it 112-41. But Gwill has 5 players playing at the moment to my CJ Spiller who's doing less than flower all

Edit: 116-60. GWill has Nicks I have The Salsa King

RiOtChEsS

damn Gwils team fell apart late :o

Mat0369

So Big Ben does not have a break but I want to pick up some insurance. With the injury to Matt Moore on the weekend he is out of the question now. I have put in a waiver claim for Yates. He had 300 yards 2 TD's 1 INT against the Bengals. He is coming up against a Panthers team that Matt Ryan had 320 yards and 4 TD's against.

Should I stick with Yates or should I pick up one of Grossman, Alex Smith, Orlovsky or Skelton?

BratPack

I'd pick up Smith myself if Yates fails....he plays Pit this week but then has Seattle and The Rams to take him home

Mat0369

This is just a back up plan more then anything. I am hoping Big Ben pulls up well, he has a long week playing on Thursday and now playing on MNF, so he has the time to rest up.

BratPack

Quote from: Mat0369 on December 13, 2011, 08:47:41 PM
This is just a back up plan more then anything. I am hoping Big Ben pulls up well, he has a long week playing on Thursday and now playing on MNF, so he has the time to rest up.

Oh so just for this week then?

Well then I'd list them like this

1. Yates
2. Skelton
3. Orlovsky
4. Grossman
5. Smith

Although Yates is iffy. Carolina has two defensive linemen out and Yates may just turn into a Foster/Tate handoff machine. Safety is Yates/Risk is Skelton

RiOtChEsS

so this weeks final is over two weeks, id forgotten :-[ still time for Gwill to make a comeback?

BratPack

Quote from: Marcz on December 15, 2011, 02:56:53 PM
so this weeks final is over two weeks, id forgotten :-[ still time for Gwill to make a comeback?

Added Felix Jones to the roster to take CJ Spillers spot. Now to play Wideout lotto between Welker, The Salsa King, Wallace, Bryant and Laurent Robinson