Main Menu

Fantasy NFL

Started by RiOtChEsS, June 05, 2010, 01:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

Baltimore and Pittsburgh on OneHD right now  ;)

Baltimore 21 v Pitt 14 in the 3rd 3:57 - repeat 4th down after Baltimore had 12 defence on the field  ::)

Mat0369

Roethlisberger is clutch in the playoffs.

RiOtChEsS

NFL Live Fantasy Drafts r backup and running...

Mock Drafts for practice runs r the go... http://games.espn.go.com

RiOtChEsS

usually do a really early draft with one of my teams to see how it fares against one once everyone knows whats going on...

so this is Early Bird FTW

QB: Michael Vick
RB: Frank Gore
RB: Lagarrette Blount
RB/WR: Hakeem Nicks
WR: Miles Austin
WR: Brandon Marshall
TE: Mercedes Lewis
K: Josh Brown
D: Ravens

Bench: Ryan Grant, Randy Moss, Sam Bradford, Cedric Benson, Ronnie Brown, Kellen Winslow, Steve Smith

MajorLazer

Frank Gore has been holding out I think.

What pick did you have?

MajorLazer

My first mock team.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Ray Rice
RB: Cedric Benson
WR: Dwayne Bowe
WR: Kenny Britt
RB/WR: Mark Ingram
TE: Antonio Gates
K: Robbie Gould
DST: New England Patriots

Bench
Joe Flacco, Chad Ochocinco, Michael Bush, Tony Gonzalez, Darren Sproles, Mike Sims-Walker

This team was made with pick 10.

RiOtChEsS

about 7 from memory, did another one today from pick 5 went a different strategy...

BratPack

Just completed my first mock draft. Be interesting to see how it changes.

I'll go through and give you what I was thinking

10 Team league. I draw the #7 slot

Round 1: Aaron Rodgers (QB. GB)
The usual run on Running Backs begins in earnest. So I switch my strategy. There's no doubt Rodgers is one of only two QB's that could go in the first round. The other, Michael Vick is going to be injured at some point. Rodgers usually gets at least 13-14 games out. Easy choice with most of the running backs gone.

Round 2: Maurice Jones-Drew (RB, Jac)
Almost as I said....his injury last season seems to have caused a downsell. but if he's over it he's still a number 1 running back. Easy selection to make at the 14 slot.

Round 3: Reggie Wayne (WR, Ind)
I just didn't like any of the running backs on offer. If I'm going to reach I'd rather wait a couple of rounds and get my wideouts sorted. You know Wayne's going to get covered but he always gets #1 reciever numbers. A no-brainer pick.

Round 4: Vincent Jackson (WR, SD)
Kind of undersold due to his holdout last season. But at his best he's a gun and easily a number 1. In my team as the number 2. He could become on of the steals of the draft.

Round 5: Knowshon Moreno (RB, Den)
See my point about having to reach? I don't like this pick at all but I felt I HAD to take a running back here and Moreno seems like the guy most likely to actually do something considering Tim Tebow still isn't an NFL Quarterback yet. The McGahee signing would give me cause for concern though if this was a real team.

Round 6: Jeremy Maclin (WR, Phi)
DeSean Jackson may be holding out still. Vick's gotta throw the ball somewhere. That makes Maclin the perfect Flex pick for me.

Round 7: Jermichael Finley (TE, GB)
Didn't like much of anything on the board in WR or RB when the ball came back to me and the main guys like Gates, Witten and Clark were gone. Finley, if healthy is probably equal with Tony Gonzalez on that next tier and could break up into the top tier. Or he could break down again. A very boom or bust pick but at Pick 7 you have to take a few risks.

Round 8: Ryan Grant (RB, GB)
Case in point. I like this pick a lot, If Grant's knee is stable, he's the starter and he will produce starter's numbers, if he isn't...I work James Starks off the waiver wire. Could be a steal at this point for a draft.

Round 9: Percy Harvin (WR, Min)
By this point I've decided I'm going to pad my mock team with guys that could break out and could have landed me great trades down the road. Case in point, Harvin, with Rice gone someone has to catch McNabb's underthrown passes and it isn't all going to be Visanthe Shiancoe. Harvin is in the best spot without knowing anything from camp today. He can be a nice floater pick for me

Round 10: Jordy Nelson (WR, GB)
Simple case of mathematics, Rodgers spreads the ball and Nelson gets his fair share. Doesn't cost me much to take a guy who could break out.

Round 11: Brandon Jacobs (RB, NYG)
An insurance pick. The B-Train isn't going to get much yardage but he will get goal line carries, that means TD's. I'll take 6 TD's and 700 yds from my number 4 tailback, if Moreno or Grant explode then I have the added bonus.

Round 12: Chad Ochocinco (WR, NE)
Once again, stockpiling those who could explode, I only need one of Harvin, Nelson and Ocho to fire to make it worthwhile. You know Chad's going to get catches, any reciever with the Antichrist at QB will. It's just a matter of whether Chad is Randy Moss 2008 or Randy Moss 2010.

Round 13: Beanie Wells (RB, Ari)
More insurance, someone has to run the ball in Arizona, Beanie probably has first crack. Anyway he's my number 5 tailback so there's no real risk

Round 14: Sam Bradford (QB, STL)
This could be the steal, if Sam doesn't suffer second year blues and carries the Rams on his back again, his value is drastically underpriced here and I've got a gun sitting as a one week player (Rodger's bye week) that could help me sure up my weak RB core.

Round 15: Lions D
Following the strategy of NEVER draft Defence or Kickers till the final two rounds. I waited and rolled the dice, the twin headed monster of Fairley and Suh could get sacks by the....well sackful but the Lions are woefully inept against the pass if those two don't get to the QB. But really defence is low down on the totem pole for me anyway. if it works, it works if it doesn't something will be on the waiver wire to get me some points.

Round 16: Neil Rackers (K, Hou)
Same with kickers. In this case I took the best available. Rackers has a cannon for a leg but can suffer from LanceFranklinitis: A tendency to miss what he should easily kick.

All in a solid if not spectacular first draft

BratPack

Interesting times in part 2.

12 team league. I draw #3

Round 1: Chris Johnson (RB, Ten)
Easy choice for me here. Whoever's left out of Peterson, Foster and CJ2k.

Round 2: Drew Brees (QB, NO)
I overpaid. But the only wideout I liked was Greg Jennings and he's not worth a second rounder either, no RB worth a look at this slot either.

Round 3: Ahmad Bradshaw (RB, NYG)
I don't like the fact that goalline carries go to Brandon Jacobs but Bradshaw should put up solid #2 starter numbers.

Round 4: Jeremy Maclin (WR, Phi)
Had to buy in now and get a pair I liked. Maclin probably isn't a #1 persay but he should get enough of the ball to get my other guys to cover

Round 5: Mario Manningham (WR, NYG)
I think he has potential. Definately a solid number 2 reciever. Only other guy I liked here was Antonio Gates, he went two picks before me.

Round 6: Marshawn Lynch (RB, Sea)
Guys like Ingram, Addai, Pierre Thomas were still on the board but if I'm going to take a flex RB I won't one with next to ZERO questions. That's Lynch right now. If you want to play Saints RB Roulette be my guest

Round 7: Daniel Thomas (RB, Mia)
Could've gone Sidney Rice, Could've gone Ochocinco. But Thomas has too much upside to pass up. He will be the starter, the only other real guy they have is Reggie Bush and he ain't starting anytime soon. If Hasselbeck was still in Seattle instead of T-Jack. I probably would've gone Rice though.

Round 8: A.J Green (WR, Cin)
With Ocho gone someone has to catch what little ball there is in Cincy and they used a really high pick on him. Was a toss up between him and Michael Bush but with only two WR's in my pen so far. I leant the rookies way

Round 9: Malcom Floyd (WR, SD)
Risk-Reward pick. Rivers will throw. Floyd projects to start beside V-Jack. I'm only giving him a number 4 WR spot. Would've liked Julio Jones here but he was taken the pick before mine.

Round 10: Robert Meachem (WR, NO)
See Floyd, Malcom. He will have big games, but WHICH games they'll be is the key thing.

Round 11: Hines Ward (WR, Pit)
May not start the first game but when he plays Roethlisberger tries to find him. A true Mr Reliable that I'm glad to take at the #6 reciever slot

Round 12: Mike Sims-Walker (WR, STL)
I HATE Mike Sims-Walker. If it wasn't a 12 team league he's not even on my radar but at the 7th reciever slot and he was brought in to be a weapon and target for Bradford. Not that I expect him to do it. Would probably be the first guy cut when a QB popped up on the Waiver Wire (If Brees stays fit. I only need a one week guy, hence I didn't draft a backup)

Round 13: Reggie Bush (RB, Mia)
Simple case of "There's noone I like. I can wait on a tight end, who's the RB that most likely needs a handcuff?". Clearly the rookie. Hence Bush gets buried somewhere deep on my bench in a hopeful mode.

Round 14: Dustin Keller (TE, NYJ)
I don't have a problem with this pick. If Gates, Clark and Witten are gone I'm quite happy to bide my time if everyone wants to rush on TE's. Really TE could become the new DEF/K for me this year. A lot of my mocks have finished TE, DEF, K

Round 15: Lions D
Again I'm happy to go all in on the risk reward. I might consider switching this is someone like the Eagles are still on the board in rd 13/14.

Round 16: Sebastian Janikowski (K, Oak)
Was close to last picked last year. Finished close to number 1. Drove a couple of my squads to Superbowl glory. No problem whatsoever taking him if you offer him to me in the last round

MajorLazer

Here is my 2nd mock draft with the 3rd pick this time.

Round 1: Chris Johnson
Same approach as BP, if AP and Foster are taken, take the other one.

Round 2: DeSean Jackson
This is where I decided on my strategy. Decided that there are too many good QBs to use a pick on them now, so took a WR.

Round 3: LeGarrette Blount
Tampa Bay will have to run the ball and he's the only guy that I have heard of so he should do well.

Round 4: Daniel Thomas
Even though Reggie Bush is there, Thomas is going to run the ball on his own. Why else would they get rid of Ronnie Brown.

Round 5: Peyton Manning
Not a bad QB in round 5.

Round 6: Anquan Boldin
Had to take a 2nd receiver and he was the best available.

Round 7: Ben Roethlisberger
Apart from the fact he and Manning have the same bye week, ::) he's a good QB to have as a backup.

Round 8: Sidney Rice
With him and Tavaris Jackson both moved from the Vikings so maybe they have some sort of chemistry.

Round 9: Mark Ingram
Good rookie RB that should run the ball a lot.

Round 10: Ryan Torain
Never heard of him, so thought why not? :P

Round 11: AJ Green
Someone has to catch the ball at Cincy and he's the only one there.

Round 12: Zach Miller
Not bad last season and hope he helps Jackson and bails him out a lot.

Round 13: Detroit Lions
Eh, why not?

Round 14: Dustin Keller
Needed a backup and got one.

Round 15: Robbie Gould
Who cares tbh.

BratPack

Not Bad ML. Manning in Rd 5 is a steal. Probably overpaid for Daniel Thomas though.

What was on the board in WR come round 14? I never take a TE back up. There'll be someone on the waiver wire in his bye week.

MajorLazer

There was absolutely nothing good and that's what made me take a TE if I remember right.

Thomas looks like he will be the only RB for Miami so thought I would take him.

BratPack

Ahhh. Okay. With me I go with the strategy of "The more lottery tickets I have the better chance of winning" A lot of the times in the mocks I've done I've maxed out on Wideouts. But then as I said, a lot of times I've been finishing TE, DEF, K.

MajorLazer

Yer I guess that works. Last year the problem for me was playing the right WRs so now just getting enough to survive and hope for no injuries.

RiOtChEsS

w0w Manning in rd 5 :o

did a 12 man mock today and the guys in it were cooked, picking guys way early...

Jacoby Ford went at pick 32 wtf ::)