Main Menu

Fantasy NFL

Started by RiOtChEsS, June 05, 2010, 01:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 04, 2011, 11:46:27 AM
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o.

How did you handle all those teams last 2 seasons?
haha its ridiculous isnt it it was my first year and i wanted to work different drafting strategies etc to see what worked best for a future blueprint to stick by NFL is pretty easy ur team only needs a minute each week if the league is standard and once the byes have passed u can set ur best lineup and forget about it until playoff time... NBA u need to set a roster for each day of the week so its alot more work

Justin Bieber

True. NBA I set a week in advance because I would forget :P. NFL kept my best lineup for the majority of the season but suffered some injuries on the way :'(.

RiOtChEsS

there was 1 league in particular i lost 1 game all year and lost the first final by 2pts to a team that was 6W 6L :'( can be a cruel game...

im loving the NBA this year last season i found it too hard to keep up with even with just 11 teams this year im running 30 something and all bar 1 is in the upper eschelon like u said u have to set it a week in advance so usually sunday night i run the gauntlet of rosters...

BratPack

The thing that made my win was last week when I started Josh Freeman...the same week he threw five TD's  ;D It was a pretty balanced week this week which was all I needed

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: BratPack on January 05, 2011, 11:36:36 AM
The thing that made my win was last week when I started Josh Freeman...the same week he threw five TD's  ;D It was a pretty balanced week this week which was all I needed
Congrats big fella uve been at the top of the tables in most of the fantasy stuff and deserved a title ;)

BratPack

Quote from: Marcz on January 05, 2011, 11:59:32 AM
Quote from: BratPack on January 05, 2011, 11:36:36 AM
Congrats big fella uve been at the top of the tables in most of the fantasy stuff and deserved a title ;)

Thanks Marcz....funny thing is though. The one I won was the one I should've had no chance of winning. I had to win the last 5 games straight just to make it, was still the wildcard which meant facing the number 1 seed in the semis then still faced you in the final. Still I'll take it  :P

Josh Freeman though is a gun

gwilliams

Quote from: Marcz on January 04, 2011, 12:17:59 AM
cheers HP just got done tallying up my efforts for the season and it goes...

17 teams
147 wins
73 losses
2 draws
6 titles :D

worth noting 2 teams didnt make the playoffs by one spot and i was runnerup in 4 grand finals...

the year before i played a ridiculous 45 teams made 30 grand finals and won 16 so i think my crash course in fantasy nfl is over and il just play a handful of teams next year

Good work there Marcz. My results for the season:

10 teams
108 wins
46 losses
1 draw
3 titles

1st - 3 teams
2nd - 2
3rd - 3
5th - 1
8th - 1

The previous year (my first for NFL)  I got 6 out of 6 titles (most of them had lots of inactive managers though). This year I tried all of the main fantasy sites (Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fox, NFL)  and found Yahoo and ESPN to be the best. I'll stick to those two next season I reckon.

By far the most fun I've had drafting was in a Yahoo auction draft, a lot more strategy is involved. Takes a long time for everyone to draft but everyone turned up to draft and they seemed to know what they were doing.

RiOtChEsS

really good job Glenn congratulations mate :) works in with my 1 in 3 title theory... u were like mike hussey in ur first season :o
next year im only going to do 18 i reckon 10 espn 8 yahoo as i found the same thing those 2 sites r miles ahead of the rest...
i did an auction in NBA my first year and omg "kill me billy" it went for 3 hours and i sucked at it :'( since then i cant bring myself to do another

Justin Bieber

I love the drafts and the banter in them ;D.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 07, 2011, 12:44:22 AM
same so addictive ;D usually do mock drafts for a couple of weeks practising strategy and just general jibber jabber

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Marcz on January 07, 2011, 12:58:23 AM
same so addictive ;D usually do mock drafts for a couple of weeks practising strategy and just general jibber jabber
I didn't do any mock drafts :(. Might try next season.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 07, 2011, 01:03:08 AM
Quote from: Marcz on January 07, 2011, 12:58:23 AM
I didn't do any mock drafts :(. Might try next season.
oh yeah u gotta do them u meet some funny ppl ;)

RiOtChEsS

there is a NFL Playoffs game running its a salary based roster which is alot simpler than what we already played here is a code for the league
http://games.espn.go.com/gridironpc/en/group?groupID=17267

gwilliams

Quote from: Marcz on January 07, 2011, 10:37:00 AM
there is a NFL Playoffs game running its a salary based roster which is alot simpler than what we already played here is a code for the league

I'm in. Looks like you need to use Internet Explorer, I had problems with Firefox.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: gwilliams on January 07, 2011, 06:40:23 PM
Quote from: Marcz on January 07, 2011, 10:37:00 AM

I'm in. Looks like you need to use Internet Explorer, I had problems with Firefox.
im on firefox mate