Main Menu

Starting team

Started by vc_bombers, June 04, 2010, 05:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vc_bombers

Obviously every team will choose definite keepers, potential break-out players and cheapies, but has anyone tried keepers and cheapies only? If so, any success?

Prospector_1

Yeah, its called a rookie - premium strategy. (Rookies & Guns)

Break-outs are too hard to pick.

lightning5

i know someone who did something like that and i actually worked very well, i might go for a similar strategy next year

Master Q

They is also this smart plan, but really hard to perfect. You Pick most players as cheapies/Mid Pricers then you upgrade through the season.

Alex7089

I started off with minimum mid pricers with just 1. Very glad I just went with one as most mid pricers have failed miserably so far. Next year I'm going with a completely different strategy. I'm going with 2 super prems (either Goddard and Swan or Goddard and Joey) for catain options, then the rest of my premiums under 550k, underpriced prems, this will be guys like Corey who have had a bad year or injury plagued years. And then rookies. Hoping for a few good rookies to come out of GC.

vc_bombers

GC will be a rookie goldmine next year :)

Bedlam

Next year I'll be going for rookies and premiums only. Only mid pricers that have performed for me this year is Malceski and maybe Luke Ball.

Problem is that starting too many rookies could equal too many defeats early on while you wait on price risers. And ofcourse some rookies that play early just waiste space later on, ie Relton Roberts.

Justin Bieber

Can probably get away with a max of 5 rookies. I will probably be starting maybe 4 rookies next year (1 def, 1 fwd, 2 mid).

Make sure the rookies are good. Chose half of mine which were dropped pretty soon :'(. Now at least most of them are playing.

GC will have alot of players chosen next year like vc_bombers said. Would be more than happy to get a good 5 or 6 of them :D. 1 is already locked in 8).

vc_bombers

Justin Bieber

Quote from: vc_bombers on June 07, 2010, 05:43:18 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on June 07, 2010, 05:31:44 PM
1 is already locked in 8)
David Swallow?
Yep 8). Locked 3 in my midfield next year already (Boyd, Swallow, Swallow) ;D

Alex7089

Is Josh Toy playing next year? If so I'll be having a hard look at him. Swallow also locked in as a starter for me. Also have Higgins, Goddard Corey all locked in for next year. Going GAJless in 2011.

Justin Bieber

Been GAJless 2 years running now 8).

Forgot to mention lock in Gray 8).

Alex7089

Still holding the faith. Higgins is my version of Gray, if you get what I mean :S

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Alex7089 on June 07, 2010, 10:02:35 PM
Still holding the faith. Higgins is my version of Gray, if you get what I mean :S
Still have Higgins in. Gray I traded out, but will be watching him closely for my team next year along with a few other Uniques ;).

vc_bombers

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 07, 2010, 11:24:14 PM
Quote from: Alex7089 on June 07, 2010, 10:02:35 PM
Still have Higgins in. Gray I traded out, but will be watching him closely for my team next year along with a few other Uniques ;).

Got both in my team atm, probably time to pull the trigger. Wouldn't call him a lock, but heavily considering Zaharakis next year, what do you guys think?