12 (46.2%)
No, compromises the spirit of the comp
7 (26.9%)
Only if your son wins Rd 10
7 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Bedlam

The scenario:

I have two teams in my current league. My sons and mine. There is a $300 prize for the winner, $20 entry.

My 6yo son wanted a SC team was comprised of the 16 captains. With a little wrangling I was able to do it. I entered him into my social league without knowledge of the entry fee, I reluctantly agreed to pay it though.

I face my son in Rd 11. I'm currently 5&1, three games clear in the 8. My son is currently 1&5, one game out of the 8.

If I win in Rd 10 (should happen), do you think it is a good idea to sacrifice the win to give my son a chance of making the 8? My son is 50/50 for a victory Rd 10.

Blueboys

My son beat me in the final last year! araaaaa  :-[

ynot1985

well, list the 2 teams

if u are already 5 and 1 and your son is 1 and 5

surely, there is nothing to be afraid of, right?

Dimsim

Sure, give him the win. At 5-1, you won't miss it and with your son at 1-5, he could definitely use it. My only problem is that the win you give him may not be enough to get him in the finals anyway and therefore a waste. If you think it can help him make the 8, do it IMO!

Flower the spirit of the game  :P

HillHero13

do it for the pride and spirit in your family...

nas

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Show no Mercy.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL.

Master Q

Well hows the other teams in the comp? Because their is money at stake, I wouldn't throw the match but instead, if you win give him some of the money.$$$$$ ;D

Alex7089

Throw the game. I threw a game against my 4YO brother last year and will probably do the same this year. As competitive we get about SC Money and rankings don't matter. About having fun. Besides not like it will change your life.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Bedlam on May 25, 2010, 12:50:17 PM
I have two teams in my current league. My sons and mine. There is a $300 prize for the winner, $20 entry.

My 6yo son wanted a SC team was comprised of the 16 captains. With a little wrangling I was able to do it. I entered him into my social league without knowledge of the entry fee, I reluctantly agreed to pay it though.

I face my son in Rd 11. I'm currently 5&1, three games clear in the 8. My son is currently 1&5, one game out of the 8.

If I win in Rd 10 (should happen), do you think it is a good idea to sacrifice the win to give my son a chance of making the 8? My son is 50/50 for a victory Rd 10.
If Melbourne and Richmond could do it, Why not us? ;D.

If you are sure you are going to make the 4 (not 8 as you get a second chance this way), why not. Doubt your son could make the finals, but at least it should put a smile on his face :).

Bedlam

Quote from: Hellopplz on May 25, 2010, 06:02:40 PM

If you are sure you are going to make the 4 (not 8 as you get a second chance this way), why not. Doubt your son could make the finals, but at least it should put a smile on his face :).
The 4 is far more doubtful. I currently sit 5th on %age, half a game off 6th.

I think the four is less important. I made the four last year and was ejected week two of the finals by the guy who came 6th, who went on to win it all, cause he saved his trades for the finals.

I don't plan on losing come finals, so the top four is a little negligible. I'd prefer to have two in the 8 than one in the 4.

And he's still a hope. He's had a reasonably tough start and has a high %age for his record. A win this week could easily put him into 9th or 10th, only a game out of the 8. He got over 2200 last week.

Jugganauts

Change his team and make u win by alot and wreck his spirts on making the finals lol  :D :D

Nah in the spirt of the game let him win

Alex7089

Quote from: Bedlam on May 25, 2010, 06:58:31 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on May 25, 2010, 06:02:40 PM

8. He got over 2200 last week.
:o nice *thumbs up*

We down at the front bar are having a vote for personality of the year, make your way down and have your say. Everyone is welcome :D http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,15484.msg122961.html#new

rory

when you said ''should I throw a match', I thought you wanted to burn your team and start again ;D

Prospector_1

Quote from: rory on May 26, 2010, 07:39:23 PM
when you said ''should I throw a match', I thought you wanted to burn your team and start again ;D

x2!!!!