DT honour students mid semester exam!

Started by craftcoat, May 21, 2010, 01:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craftcoat

Hey guys really need some help here! this is my team currently:

Enright, Hodge, Duffield, Scotland, Gram, Harbrow, Waters (webberley, hunt)

Bartel, Stanton, Cross, Barlow, Trengove, Martin (howlett, shuey)

Sandi, Macintosh  :o  (Warnock, Bass)

Brown, O'Keefe, Gia, Higgins, Sylvia, Balla, Rockliff (gumby, hitchcock)

14 trades. $137 600 in bank

so i had obviously planned on getting Hughes for Balla this wk so i could upgrade trengove to swan but now that he isn't named and with Gram having surgery and Macintosh not getting up AGAIN with what could be a lingering injury, i'm in struggle town...
-I really need to win my league match this week (were a top 100 league) and can't really afford a donut in my rucks
-I'm thinking about going Gram----> Carrazzo & Macintosh-----> Cox and then upgrading my mids next week when montagna, boyd have hopefully dropped a tad more.   seem ok??? although if i do this my opponent has Boyd against my trengove position which is not an ideal matchup..
- I dont really like the downgrade options for trengove/martin as some people have suggested; i just think it's risky having a rohan, armstrong etc alongside howlett (who could get dropped anytime) and shuey (injury prone as hell).

THOUGHTS??? would love some feedback, gang  ::)  :)

Prospector_1

Gram----> Carrazzo & Macintosh-----> Cox

I like the look of that.

wipz

craftcoat

just realised i can actually get Goddard for Gram and still afford Cox... yew  8)

Bluke

Justin Bieber

Quote from: craftcoat on May 21, 2010, 02:27:32 PM
just realised i can actually get Goddard for Gram and still afford Cox... yew  8)
2 Great Trades. Sideways but still Great 8)

craftcoat

Hey helloppls,

Yeah I know it is a bit sideways which isn't the best but I after already missing 2 games I can't take another month ( maybe more) with gram out. If I had maguire I would probably bench him but in this situation I feel it's a must trade.   The cox trade is sideways but I really do want to win this week and don't like the look of this AC joint problem that hamish is suffering from ESP for a ruckman. plus cox is getting back to his best as of late and is still so underpriced at 390k. I should be getting a fair few more points now each week.

Question: does my team (with these new trades in  place) look ok for this time of year?? having 12 trades for r10? I will be looking to really boost my midfield stocks in coming weeks.

Cheers guys :D

Justin Bieber

Yeah. with probably 4 upgrades that i can see left, should be fine.

You should have a good run home if you strengthen you mids and forwards a little more :).

bundyboy

like the trades you mentioned, and yep with 12 to go nicely placed to find some upgrades in the next 4-6 weeks

think you are sitting fine