Gumbleton to.... ?

Started by Arky, May 21, 2010, 09:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arky

OK, my forward line already includes Pav, ROK, Boomer, Gia and Goodes.

With Duncan gone, Gumby is on my field.  Besides this sucking, he has more or less topped out, time to upgrade him.

With a budget of approximately $200k, who to pick?  Trouble is that I'd like to cheap out on this one as much as I can, if I can...

During the week I was planning on doing Gumby to Higgins.  Thanks Higgins for saving me from that one.

In previous weeks I was planning on doing Gumby to Jonno Brown, but all the talk about his groin problems has me worried.

I feel that the boat has sailed on Stevie J and that picking him now is picking him before he crashes back to earth for a while... and I don't trust Didak to score consistently, but is he still my best option apart from that?

Advice plskthx :)

Spooners

id leave him against richmond
whats the rest of your team?
brown is probably a good option regardless of his 'injury' though, hes gone down and he'll come good

benjDT

Nah I'd try and steer clear of Brown atm. Wait until you hear some reassuring news. If you really want Higgins just wait because Gumby should rise a tad this week and even if he drops it'll be minimal

Arky

Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Grimes, H Shaw, Bock, Waters  (Nason, Silvagni)

Swan, Bartel, Pendlebury, K Cornes, Barlow, Martin  (Shuey, JKT)

Sandilands, Clark  (Warnock, McNamara)

Pavlich, ROK, Boomer, Gia, Goodes, Pods, Gumby  (Heyne, Roberts)

Was all going well until Clark donutted me two weeks in a row, offloaded Scully for Liam Anthony just in time for Scully to go ballistic AND Anthony to get injured, and then offloaded Duncan for Heyne last week to avoid a donut only for Duncan to get back in as a late replacement and make some more coin... ah well.

Nason to Webberley and Gumby to someone seems the logical upgrade to me.  I think I'll do Nason to Webberley either way.  Relying on Gumby to score weell vs Richmond might not necessarily work either... I thought Buddy would go nuts against Richmond, and that didn't happen.  But yeah, with the lack of really good upgrades this week, letting that sit for one week and seeing what happens isn't the end of the world..

phatmaniac

im thinking of the gumby to pods trade

Arky

Gonna pull the trigger on Gumby to Franklin. Leaves me 23k short of doing Silvagni to someone and Martin to Montagna next week, hopefully Silvagni and Martin rise enough and Montagna doesn't quite hit his BE...