Bartel
6 (24%)
Simpson
2 (8%)
Double trade Gumby to get Swan
3 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Bluke

Looking to upgrade Trengove have 465,000 to spend.

Want to add another Gun Midfielder, someone who consistantly scores 110+

Choices are:

Boyd: Bit of a unique pick for my league which makes him tempting
Montagna: My original target
Stanton
Bartel: The cheapest of the bunch surprisingly. Been very good for a long time.
Simpson: New to the 110 club, can he keep it up?

Midfield is:

Ablett, Judd, Barlow, Cornes, Ball, Trengove, Martin, Shuey

OR

Do I go Gumby - Rohan/Hughes or Martin -> Rohan (for MPP flexibility)
and pick up Swan with the extra cash?

Tell me what you would do and why?

RiOtChEsS

Stanton next week as he needs 180 to hold his current price, could always downgrade this week for armstrong and upgrade next week, i have boyd and am a fan as he is really consistent also have stanton and he can throw up some monster games so next week is ideal to scoop either of these 2 ;)

Bluke

Bumped it up.. Added a new poll option.

Seriously considering Swan

LF

i voted simpson but i have him,bartel, boyd and stanton.simpson is quite a unique pick not many teams have him.his lowest score this year so far was 88 and he has only had that game plus 2 others under 100 points.he also doesn`t seem to get the tags judd,murphy and gibbs get.these are things i considered before i bought him into my team a few weeks ago.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: luvfooty on May 21, 2010, 03:46:14 AM
i voted simpson but i have him,bartel, boyd and stanton.simpson is quite a unique pick not many teams have him.his lowest score this year so far was 88 and he has only had that game plus 2 others under 100 points.he also doesn`t seem to get the tags judd,murphy and gibbs get.these are things i considered before i bought him into my team a few weeks ago.
super durable too hasnt missed a game in eons ;D

Bluke

Hmmm... Very interesting, would indeed be a unique pick, especially for my league.

This is the Breakdown of teams that have the 6 gun mids selected (most teams have GAJ)

Boyd   3
Swan  3
Montagna  3
Bartel  4
Stanton  1
Simpson  0

Opponents Midfield: Swan, Ablett, Montagna, Barlow, Hayes, Green

A very nice midfield but he has a number of deficencies in other areas... Will be a touch match!

Bluke

Prospector_1

Quote from: Bluke on May 21, 2010, 08:41:55 AM
Bump bump bump

19 votes is good - settle down. Or don't you like the advice you're getting?

Bluke

A little more written advice would be grand.. the more the merrier.. as they say.

Prospector_1

Well its down to Montagna and Bartel on the vote - who's best value? Did you check the rollercoaster? Are you goin' for league or overall? What do you think of their BEs?

Bluke

League win...

Montagna 126 B/E
Bartel 102 B/E
Swan 110 B/E

Plan at the start of the season was Montagna, and his little price drop suits that nicely. However, last week I wanted Swan, would have had enough if trengove hit his B/E and Swan didnt smash his, but thats life. Bartel is the safe choice, but my main rivals in league have Bartel, so something different could be nice. I love the looks of Swan + Ablett midfield, did me well last year.

Only problem is now I'd have to go either Gumby -> Playfair/Rohan/Watts

or.

Martin -> Rohan (For MPP flexibility)

planned to keep Martin as reserve mid, hes already had a rest this year so think he will play most of the rest of the games.

Bluke

If Rohan were to play all year i'd go Martin -> Rohan in a heart beat...

Prospector_1

Bartel averages 84 against the Pies - does that help?

Bluke

Yea, Bartel is a no.

My missus thinks Boyd, but shes watched maybe 3 games of AFL her entire life.

So either Montagna or Boyd or Swan.....

I also place a high value on durability which puts Boyd and Swan a little higher than Montagna and Ross "General Soreness" Lyon.