Main Menu

Own your own home?

Started by ossie85, May 18, 2010, 11:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Hopefully, I'll be making a deposit on a house this afternoon. Which means in a few short decades I could be a home owner. This goes against the general trend of my fellow Magpie supporters (SAID IT BEFORE YOU GUYS DID!).

So, wondering, anyone in the same boat?

nas

Quote from: ossie85 on May 18, 2010, 11:43:31 PM

Hopefully, I'll be making a deposit on a house this afternoon. Which means in a few short decades I could be a home owner. This goes against the general trend of my fellow Magpie supporters (SAID IT BEFORE YOU GUYS DID!).

Mate wack as much as you can on it & if u haven't go Solar esp elect as my last 2 bills have gone down heaps. Get in b4 the grants get taken of per rumors.

Other than that good luck

korza

Good luck Ossie. I own half a house the bank owns the other half.

valkorum

Congrats Ossie - it hurts handing over the deposit money, but its worth it

The biggest tip I can give you is this.  Make sure the home loan account has free re-draws, then get another bank account (with the same provider/bank) and have it linked with the home loan account.  Put all of your pay(s) in to the loan account and transfer money to the bank account as you need it.

Interest for most providers/banks is calculated daily, therefore having your money in the loan account will decrease the amount of interest you get charged.  They will still only take your minimum payment out each time and leave the extra there.  You will save quite a number of years and interest repayments on your loan doing this and you will have not made any "extra" payments to do so.

roo boys!

I live in a shoe with Mr Magoo. Awkward getting around but we have a great time.

valkorum

Quote from: roo boys! on May 19, 2010, 06:59:38 AM
I live in a shoe with Mr Magoo. Awkward getting around but we have a great time.

What about when old mother hubbard comes over :P

roo boys!

Just that bit more squishier but remember:
the more the merrier!

ELLsendon

Alex7089

not me myself, but I'm going to get one, in like 50 years...

roo boys!

Quote from: Alex7089 on May 19, 2010, 09:53:29 AM
not me myself, but I'm going to get one, in like 50 years...
second that, yay for us young'uns! :D

chatters24

Well done ossie! I became a house owner just uder 18 months ago. Actually I signed the contract on Black Saturday of all days just a couple of months before my 22nd b'day. You'll love it!!

Prospector_1

You got a boat as well?

BGK

Congrats Mate.

Now only if the RBA would stop putting those bloody interest rates up.

valkorum

Quote from: bestguykai on May 20, 2010, 09:43:09 AM
Congrats Mate.

+1 (or is it actually -1 :P)

nas

Quote from: valkorum on May 20, 2010, 12:02:16 PM
Quote from: bestguykai on May 20, 2010, 09:43:09 AM
Congrats Mate.

+1 (or is it actually -1 :P)

Think i'll go this way (- .25% > -1.00%)  ;D