Main Menu

Who here plays footy?

Started by roo boys!, May 17, 2010, 11:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

Played all my junior footy with Martin Pike, Scott Bamford. Trained at North Adelaide (hence McRooster) under 17's when Wayne Carey was in the 19's and then he got drafted to the Roos.
Did my shoulder playing basketball in off season and that was all she wrote :'(
Started umpiring coz fitness was still good and smoked it!

Yes roo boys!, I have showered with the Duck!

valkorum

Oh, so we are naming names now :P

Played high school footy with Shane Woewodin and played cricket with Dalziell (damn good all rounder)

McRooster

Shall I add that I was part of Martin Pike's often unmentioned 5th premiership! Under 12's for Ingle Farm v Semaphore Park. Got the first hard ball get, 1st free, 1st kick and 1st pie after the game!

roo boys!

Quote from: McRooster on May 27, 2010, 11:13:01 PM
Played all my junior footy with Martin Pike, Scott Bamford. Trained at North Adelaide (hence McRooster) under 17's when Wayne Carey was in the 19's and then he got drafted to the Roos.
Did my shoulder playing basketball in off season and that was all she wrote :'(
Started umpiring coz fitness was still good and smoked it!

Yes roo boys!, I have showered with the Duck!
:o :o :o :o :o
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tom_legend

yeah 7 straight. well.......wait a couple of years boys and then ill tell you all the names i have played with

Alex7089

Quote from: valkorum on May 27, 2010, 11:31:19 PM
Played high school footy with Shane Woewodin
I feel sorry for you man.

valkorum

Nah not really, we won the Quit Cup with Shane as Captain.

Justin Bieber

No wonder you're experienced coach Valk ;). Wish I knew players :'(.

Haven't known any actual footballers but have a friend who might be going up for the draft next few years.

Alex7089

Quote from: Hellopplz on May 28, 2010, 03:58:41 PM
No wonder you're experienced coach Valk ;). Wish I knew players :'(.

Haven't known any actual footballers but have a friend who might be going up for the draft next few years.
I know 1 to. His dad was a past player so technically know him... Brian Cordy ;)
Oh actually, related to Chris Dawes...

roo boys!

jake Melksham is a mate of one of my mates. And went to my school. And Josh Toy goes to my school.

lachlanm

I'm in my first season of footy in VIC since U16's in QLD, now 22 so about 6 years out of the game.

Managed to get into the Senior squad and get a couple of mentions in Best players but just hoping to lift the skills to what they used to be as 6 years without a footy in hand decimates the running pressure skills.

Alex7089

Quote from: roo boys! on May 28, 2010, 04:17:21 PM
jake Melksham is a mate of one of my mates. And went to my school. And Josh Toy goes to my school.
ZOMG you may as well just say you go to school with the next hall of fame inductee. Toy will be a gun. Heard it here first ;)

roo boys!

Jackson Trengove also went to my school and club and ROK played at my club.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: lachlanm on May 28, 2010, 04:31:10 PM
I'm in my first season of footy in VIC since U16's in QLD, now 22 so about 6 years out of the game.

Managed to get into the Senior squad and get a couple of mentions in Best players but just hoping to lift the skills to what they used to be as 6 years without a footy in hand decimates the running pressure skills.
Nice 8). Hate it when you don't play it for a long time then have to get back into the groove. Few Best on fields might mean the rust is coming off pretty quick :D. If you still ain't at 100%, lets see how it pans out when you do reach that level :o. Best Player in the league on the cards? ;)

roo boys!

Quote from: Alex7089 on May 28, 2010, 05:47:09 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on May 28, 2010, 04:17:21 PM
ZOMG you may as well just say you go to school with the next hall of fame inductee. Toy will be a gun. Heard it here first ;)
Toy IS a gun. Should see him play, jeez he has talent.