Main Menu

Who here plays footy?

Started by roo boys!, May 17, 2010, 11:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

Quote from: Prospector_1 on May 17, 2010, 01:41:23 PM
I kicked a goal from the centre in grade six! That was a very long time ago, but it got me into the school team the next week. I sat on the bench the whole game.

I played basketball instead! A game every week, and I kept it up 'til I was 24!

I played both which was tough because back in the day (when basketball was on prime time TV), both sports were winter sports.

I still play beasketball once a week. 

Its strange, at 6ft 4in, I am quite tall in footy.  Where as in basketball I am short.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on May 18, 2010, 12:52:11 AM
Quote from: Prospector_1 on May 17, 2010, 01:41:23 PM
I kicked a goal from the centre in grade six! That was a very long time ago, but it got me into the school team the next week. I sat on the bench the whole game.

I played basketball instead! A game every week, and I kept it up 'til I was 24!
Very similar story for myself! Played in primary school, wasn't very good, but much better at basketball and tennis which I still play. Pity, cos I love the game, I just can't kick for the life of me.
Nice 8). Have been playing basketball more often nowadays. At 5 foot 7 guess how hard it is for me Valk :'(. Almost made the school team last year but I am horrible at shooting. Defence is my game 8).

I'm short in both games :'(

Prospector_1

Quote from: roo boys! on May 17, 2010, 09:42:00 PM
For the unicorns right?

No, I played out East. But I now manage a Unicorns team.

Alex7089

I do, but considering giving up to focus on cricket. Cricket is awesome, opening for the Grubbers is great, best batsmen last year (highest average) :D

reesbr

I play footy and cricket. Love it.

HillHero13

i also play cricket..

except alex im a bowler...

fatsest in my team maybe not my league..

very economic too...

Alex7089

economic? Not me but the kid that opens for my team bowled 8/4 in 2 overs. Was crazy.

valkorum

I still remember my 2nd grade debut - 5/32 off 28 overs, bowling in to the wind.  Bowled the 28 overs straight.  Came off the ground after we bowled them out and pretty much passed out.  Thank goodness I bat #11 - and that's only cos there is no #12.

In one season I took 40 wickets and made 38 runs with the bat.

But back to footy.... Oh yeh I been knocked out once

roo boys!

I love cricket too, more like Hilly but also bat 4th or 5th. 4/1 first game this season! :D beat that Hilly!

Justin Bieber

Quote from: valkorum on May 18, 2010, 09:31:59 AM
But back to footy.... Oh yeh I been knocked out once
So have I..... but wasn't footy related :-\.

HillHero13

I got 7 wickets for 3 runs before of about6 overs

reesbr

roo boys!

Ok hilly although my 4 for 1 was off 3 overs.

Alex7089

my best bowling was/is 3 wickets 0 runs off 5 overs. Best batting though, 89 NO. Opening, premiership team. Captain. Best and fairest. My average was something ridiculous, only went out twice (this year.)

Torress

first proper season of footy - 25 years 6 foot  half bank flanker
been involved with sports all my life - athletics, soccer, volleyball mostly - haven't done a sport for about 5 years due to uni. but done a preseason and feeling fit.