Fremantle v Collingwood Match Review

Started by Master Q, May 16, 2010, 05:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Collingwood defeated Fremantle, by 36 points

Written by BOOMZ

In this much anticipated clash there were a lot of high scores but also quite a few let downs.The match was a good one but after the first quarter it looked like the pies were going to run away with it but going into half time they only held a lead of 10 points after a Freo fightback. The 3rd & 4th quarters were a struggle but in the end Collingwoods mids were just to strong and they ran away 36 point winners.

Michael Barlow 146

What can I say? He has to be the best first year player in history of DT. He obviously didn't like it last week when Scully beat his high score for a first year player and he came out and showed him how its done! The thing that impressed me was he had 14 tackles along with his 34 possessions. What I cant understand is why would all the other clubs pass him up for this long?! Anyway back to DT, He's a star and before the end of the year he could be one of the premium DT mids. He is definitely a keeper and anyone that doesn't have him should just quit now.

Aaron Sandilands 130

So far this year he has taken his game to another level and he along with Pavlich & Barlow are the main players that are driving Freo at the moment. He is a star in DT too. Cox is finding some form but you would pick Sandi anyday now over Cox. Totally smashed Jolly and Wood last night and was easily one of the best on ground. he is someone you want in your team but he does come with a hefty price tag.

Mathew Pavlich 89

He just didn't really have a good game. When he went into the middle the Pies still dominated and when he was up forward he looked threatening at times but not enough. Still someone you would want in your team as even on off day he still gets an 80 odd score.

Dane Swan 130

He's definitely back to his old DT self. If your going to get him get him in this week because he will go up soon. Had 31 possessions and was great for DT but his disposal wasn't great last night.

Scott Pendlebury 117

If he's getting the ball he'll score well as he prefers to kick than handball. Wasn't quite as efficient as usual last night but still very effective. Should be a consistent 100+ player.

Leon Davis 59

Some people are saying his being saved for the second half of the year and he'll go into the middle then but to me he looks like he is more a forward now who is going to be pretty inconsistent. Stay away for now at least.

Other players that did well:

Alan Didak 111

Luke Ball 106

Travis Cloke 104

Greg Broughton 117

Paul Duffield 101