Main Menu

Trades

Started by morgan1132, May 12, 2010, 09:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morgan1132

This is my first year in dreamteam and i am doing well so far but everyone i ask says dont burn trades dont burn trades.  I am just wondering, is it really a big deal because the way i look at it, fair enough i can sit on my team but if its the right time to trade a player to a keeper value wise then why not.  Anyways, I think my team could be settled with all keepers within 3 weeks and i would have approx 8 trades left. 

How many trades do you need in the bank once your team is fully settled?

googs?

My philosophy is simply try to leave a MINIMUM 8 trades for the last 8 rounds... trust me i went from ranked around 3,000 to 10,000 in the space of 4-5 weeks plus it gets really boring when u run out of trades!!!

valkorum

I like to hang on to 4 - 6 trades for finals times (depends if you finish 1st or 2ndand get the second chance)

If you are upgrading cash cows/rookies to a premium (preferrably fallen premium) then I normally like the trade.  If you are doing sideways trades because your 'premium' is currently not performing then I DONT LIKE THE TRADE.

A trade for an LTI is a good trade as well - ie Roo to Brown earlier this year

Cicjose

googs is right but to be honest i would want to keep 6-8 trades until the final 3-4 rounds so when a fallen premium comes into calculations i can make the trades.

My biggest problem the first few years playing DT was wanting to use both trades given to me in a given week for no long term investment.

The best you can hope for is to do the research and hope that if your research is good enough you only need to use about 8 trades to upgrade players and 4 for LTI (who predicted Riewoldt to go down as early and as long as he has) then use the other 8 trades to plug gaps for rising rookies and fallen premiums i wanted to average around 2000 this year the top players will average about 2200 - 2300.

i am averaging 1981 with a ranking just out of the top 20K (last year this score would make me in the top 10K) so you don't have to take my advice but this is information i have collected since playing DT for the first time 5 years ago

Holz

it really depends if you are just trying to win your league or go for high ranking, i go for ranking so i use my trades early to set my team up for the season. I have 10 now plan to use 2 next week and than 2 more in a couple of weeks leaving me with 6 for the the last 9 trades

Justin Bieber

I have 10 trades left now. Will likely stop at 6 trades for a minimum.

Have made 3 double trades past 3 weeks :o :o. Got bored :P

nas

12 Trades left for me & barring LTI's Rookies & Mids > Prem left to do.

or 1 trade per week with the cash up the sleeve

roo boys!

DT=9 SC=bout 14
;D ;D ;D ;D

Cicjose

my last few trades have been downgrades. need to stop trading and hope for the best with the players i have got cause barlow is going to miss another week and i cant afford to trade if one player goes down.

valkorum

AFL article said Barlow and Silvagni will be in line to play this week

"Fremantle travels to AAMI Stadium to take on Adelaide in round 11 and Harvey said he expected late withdrawal Michael Barlow (hamstring) and Alex Silvagni (ankle) to be available."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/95336/default.aspx

Cicjose

yeah but with hamstring tendinitis im not convinced barlow will play?

valkorum

Harvey said on the news last night that Barlow and Silvagni are both in line to play this week.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Cicjose on June 01, 2010, 12:41:21 AM
yeah but with hamstring tendinitis im not convinced barlow will play?
he passed a test on sprinting drills monday

roo boys!

He is playing alright.....

Holz

will be down to 5 trades  by next round, my team will be fully complete and im taking a risk and seeing if i can finish in the top 1000, if i dont get decimated from injuries it should happen, i have fairly durable players so it shouldnt be a problem