Main Menu

Stats page

Started by ossie85, May 05, 2010, 05:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: DT Gun on June 14, 2012, 01:47:02 AM
But whatelz just posts rubbish 95% of the time so does that mean only 5% of his posts count?

Hahahaha, he tries ;D

Ziplock

I think he just posts so much on the off chance he might hit something decent :P

CrowsFan

Quote from: Ziplock on June 14, 2012, 04:07:37 AM
I think he just posts so much on the off chance he might hit something decent :P
Similar to the whole infinite number of monkeys typing for an infinite amount of time they will eventually produce the entire works of Shakespeare. If whatlez keeps posting eventually something will be handy advice :P

Justin Bieber

But whatelz just posts rubbish 95% of the time so does that mean only 5% of his posts count?

I would prefer to post rubbish, then undermine everyone on the forum.

DT Gun

I like to think of it as correcting peoples mistakes..

Dont take it to heart whatelz, your just dont provide much useful material on here

LaHug

Quote from: DT Gun on June 14, 2012, 01:44:13 PM
I like to think of it as correcting peoples mistakes..

Dont take it to heart whatelz, your just dont provide much useful material on here
I've stayed out of it so far but can I just ask you to lay off people?
There's absolutely no reason to attack people by saying their posts are bad or they post too much. I've also noticed that you continuously tell people that their opinions are wrong and that they should listen to you because you're ranked somewhere good. Firstly, if you're so good at DT, why don't you help people out more often? You could have a high post count of good quality posts and you'd be making the forum so much better! If, however, you're just going to tell those that are trying to help that they're wrong, you're taking away from the whole point of the forum.
I'm not going to say that you or anyone else is better at DT or posts higher quality advice but, right now, your advice is so little and far between that it's hard to think anything good of you...

DT Gun

it sucks, but in life people can be wrong!

like that dude who said stanton would get 130 v swans in his writeup about captains.. Wrong.

Hey im more than open to being corrected on here aswell when im wrong, thats why i put myself on the line by saying things, me saying Stanton will not score 130 against the swans puts my knowledge on the line...

Im happy to be corrected when im wrong, but i have great footy knowledge and even tho people might not like how its delivered its on the money and that is more useful info than anyone could provide

ossie85

Generally, I agree with DT Gun. Saying people are wrong is perfectly acceptable.....

However, it is expressed extremely poorly and a lot of time with the aim to aggravate. Criticism should be constructive.

"I.e. I don't think Brent Stanton will make 130 against the Swans because of A, B, C...."

Is far better than:

"Stanton won't make 130, you're an idiot if you think so"

Not saying you said either of those things btw.

DT Gun

I said if stanton makes 120 ill eat my hat... which was easy to see he wasnt going to.

Not offensive just putting my credibility on the line to prove that i am very certain in something, which would give people confidence in my opinion

LaHug

I'm not saying you shouldn't tell people whether or not you think they're wrong but, as ossie said, it would be beneficial if you put some reasoning behind your opinions.
Also, if you have great footy knowledge, would you mind passing it on to some of us? If you give regular and helpful advice with that knowledge of yours, it'd be beneficial for everyone!

Ziplock

with the stanton thing he did- he established stanton only scored well unrestricted, and since the swans were amongst the best shut down teams in the afl, he won't score as prolifically.

PowerBug

Quote from: ossie85 on June 14, 2012, 01:59:56 PM

Generally, I agree with DT Gun. Saying people are wrong is perfectly acceptable.....

However, it is expressed extremely poorly and a lot of time with the aim to aggravate. Criticism should be constructive.
This is what i've said to DT Gun is passing on a few threads recently. The idea is right, the way it's out isn't.

elephants

Uh-oh. Looks like RB and whatlez could catch me soon. Better start posting where it counts again :P

Justin Bieber

^ A spamming spree.

BB67th

If Worlds counted for posts then Whatlez would prob have the most of anyone. Probably a quarter of the posts in the British draft thread are his.