Statistical Clarifications Please...?

Started by langej, May 04, 2010, 11:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisuzz

one query guys do you get any points for a smother, spoil and a handball to yourself (saw Balla do it tonight except wasn't watching the live scores to find out)

Justin Bieber

Pretty sure no points are given to the 1%er's (smothers or spoils). There hasn't been any in the past. DT is just a possession game.

Not sure on handball to yourself so not going to answer :-X

valkorum

I dont see why you wouldnt get the 2 points for a handball to yourself.  Its still a possession.

Boomz

The handball would be 2 points but the rest no.

Cruiseon

A very good discussion.

I know I am in enemy territory here but Hell or Prospector (or anyone else) can you point me to any similar discussions on SC?

Thanks

thornz23

i think a somthered kick doesn't count because i noticed it on the weekend when watching nason kick it into a smother and it didn't come up on match centre. but yeh toe pokes count and so do handballs to themselves. if u play on from the square and kick/ handball that counts, kick out of bounds on the full counts and theres no free against, no points for 1%ers like smothers, no points for knock ons.. annnnd once u are part of the final 22 ure score counts even if u get a 0 but if u r a late withdrawal then the 0 doesn't count and can be covered by an emergency.. think that covers most of it :P

valkorum

I wonder if you get a point for a rushed behind?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Cruiseon on May 12, 2010, 02:28:06 AM

A very good discussion.

I know I am in enemy territory here but Hell or Prospector (or anyone else) can you point me to any similar discussions on SC?

Thanks
don't think there is one for sc. Haven't seen 1 recently so could type it into the search menu and see if anything comes up.

doubt the points for rushed behind. If they take it through no, it they hit it through, probably. If the kick is hit or pushed through, should still count as a point to the kicker.

valkorum

Yeh I meant as a defender if you rush a behind does that count on your score?

Justin Bieber

Nup unless you handball or kick it through.

Master Q

valkorum

Quote from: Hellopplz on May 12, 2010, 06:58:35 AM

So in that case you would get 2 or 3 for the handball/kick and then 1 point for the rushed behind????

Justin Bieber

Quote from: valkorum on May 12, 2010, 07:08:38 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on May 12, 2010, 06:58:35 AM
So in that case you would get 2 or 3 for the handball/kick and then 1 point for the rushed behind????
points for the kick or handball but none for the point seeing as its for the other team :o.

That should really be a -1 for scoring against your own team ;D

Cruiseon

Quote from: Hellopplz on May 12, 2010, 06:40:40 AM

A very good discussion.

Thanks
don't think there is one for sc. Haven't seen 1 recently so could type it into the search menu and see if anything comes up.

doubt the points for rushed behind. If they take it through no, it they hit it through, probably. If the kick is hit or pushed through, should still count as a point to the kicker.

Thanks Hell, can you let me know where you post it? We spend so much time on this thing yet some of the keys points are still vague, especially in SC.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Cruiseon on May 12, 2010, 10:17:42 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on May 12, 2010, 06:40:40 AM
A very good discussion.

Thanks

Thanks Hell, can you let me know where you post it? We spend so much time on this thing yet some of the keys points are still vague, especially in SC.
Can probably just post it in the general area. shouldn't be moved as this one hasn't been moved yet. Most people should see it on the general board and can ask questions on it if they want.