Gia is back!

Started by browny_wce, May 01, 2010, 10:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

chatters24

Only managed to score well in the absence of Boyd. It will be interesting what difference it will make to Gia's scoring when Boyd possibly return's next week. Nevertheless it has helped his average.

Master Q

Boyd better be back, i don't have him but i need him to stop Gia's run so i can pick him up.

chatters24

I need Boyd back because having someone worth that much and having that scoring ability sitting on your bench really hurts.

Master Q

Do you want me to start a thread called "Why i need Boyd Back"?

chatters24

Haha as successful as the thread may be I think all the Boyd as well as Mitchell owners had long enough to complain about their losses. It's a touchy subject for some. haha

nick33

cant really see there being much substance to a correlation in Gia's form and Boyd's absence.

watch the games, Gia seems more hungry and determined the last 2 weeks. plus agst the saints it was a game of keepings-off, high possession, chip-it-around footy, conducive to Gia and Gilbee racking up high DT points.

I just picked up Gia tihs week as an upgrade for Reimers. def a premium. def a keeper.

thornz23

im pretty stooke with gia the last 2 weeks after thinking about trading him out. im quietly hoping that boyd does a knee at training.. :P

craftcoat

I think the absence of Liam Picken is having more of an effect on Gia's recent hot streak more so than Boyd. Although his first job is that of a negating tagger it  often work well for him as he was drawn to the ball and would pitch in with clearances, tackles, kicks from stoppages etc  (atm Gia is taking these stats which is awesome for his owners like me :)

elxam

also, he's due - has to pay back for all the faith we have in him

Flame

Got to keep faith in your prems like gia!!

Pav29

The reason for the big scores is because he is playing Midfield in the absense of Boyd. He wont keep up these huge scores.

mahervelous

I actually think Gia is getting most of his points from cheap kicks and marks on the half back line, which he will continue to do even when Boyd returns.

Master Q

Quote from: mahervelous on May 03, 2010, 02:50:01 AM
I actually think Gia is getting most of his points from cheap kicks and marks on the half back line, which he will continue to do even when Boyd returns.
Let's see shall we ;)