Season Changer

Started by Holz, May 01, 2010, 04:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

which trade plan

mitchellt to montagna (170k in bank)
1 (33.3%)
mitchell to ablett (120k)
1 (33.3%)
martin to jkt and montagna in for mitchell next week and swan in for bastinac week after
1 (33.3%)
martin to jkt and ziebel to didak next week and swan for bastinac week after
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Holz

Im going for a high national ranking (want to push into top 1000 soon) and like alot of people i have martin,mitchell and shuey out. I dont really want to cope a donut, as i cant afford to lose points to the leader.

my team is  217k  17 trades (already used 1 this week)
backs: hodge,carrazo,enright,shaw,malceski,kennely, waters (macguire,nason)

mids: bartel,selwood,anthony,mitchell,barlow,bastinac (martin, shuey)

rucks; sandilands, hille (warnock, 77k guy)

forwards: okeffe,brown,gia,fraklin, ziebel,ballanteyne, pods (gumbleton, daivs)

as you can probably see my backs and rucks are strong with players averaging me 80+.

but my mids letting me down, all the top teams seem to have ablett,bartel,swan

over the next few weeks i want to push in montagna and swan and eventually ablett at some stage. To do that i need to drop one of my keepers i was thinking going mitchell to montagna this week and than bastinac to swan in 2 weeks
montagna will probably drop 5-10k but i think the 100+ he will add to my score will counter it
thought?

Holz

alternatively could bring in ablett this week and get in montagna next week. Than wait a bit on swan

Spooners

why not martin to cornes/adam selwood/stanton/carlton mid
getting rid of mitchell is a waste of a trade and martin is not a keeper

Chappy35

if your not playing maguire on the field. sell him for davis and upgrade martin to Hayes or gibbs. both will average 110 this year

Holz

i want to bring in at least 2 of ablett,swan,montagna (in my opinion the top 3 DTers, i think i will stay with barlow,bartel,selwood all season so the only people i am consdering trading are anthony,mitchell,bastinac
i think bastinac has still 50k in him, martin i see improving to an 70-80 average

mitchell however is under an injury cloud likely to go down 30-40k wheras ablett BE is only 115 so could go up.

Im leaning towards getting ablett this week, waiting two more weeks on bastinac to go up 20-30k than buying swan

so by round 9 mids will be Ablett,Bartel,Swan, Selwood, Anthony, Barlow
that should rack up the points aliong with my backs,rucks and leave me with 14 trades left. For injuries and to fix up forward line

Chappy35

yeah i like it, Ablett is a must have so get him. I am in a similar situation was in the top 200 but after a average round last week 1895 have blown out a bit. I got hayes in thi seek making my mids Ablett, Bartel, Swan, Hayes, Barlow and Jetta or bastinac. I plan on Motagna being my last mid.

Holz

i did i traded mitchell for ablett this week, now next trade is bastinac to swan in 2 weeks. Lets hope my 5 cats can tear apart richmond. Only problem now is i have 2 caption options. Will get tricky when i get swan the week after.

brodman_18

Martin, Mitchell and Ablett all out this week. bad luck mate

bunce1

terribly bad luck to trade abllett in!!

Holz

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

have to go to uni now, so couldnt trade then and just as im about to leave this happens.

Holz

i have always disliked ablett so have never had him in, but had to on form

my 2 most disliked players in the afl are ablett and voldt, i put in voldt the week before he got injured and ablett pulls out 5 mintues after i put him in

Holz

it was a season changing move and i think it puts my chance of top 100 finish to very very low, season over bring on 2011

Chappy35

that sucks you have cover right? the hamstring soreness is rubbish he is just being rested cause its richmond

Holz

no cover i had mitchell,martin,shuey out and took a risk and traded my keeper mitchell to ablett to cover the donut.