322k Cash - Spend Now Or Next Week?

Started by Hydra, May 01, 2010, 02:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra

TEAM:

Goddard, Hodge, Malceski, Enright, Waters, Maguire, Davis (Silvagni, Gram)

Ablett, O'Keefe, Barlow, Pendlebury, Selwood, Trengove (Bastinac, Shuey)

Sandilands, Naitanui (Trengove, Prato)

Chapman, Brown, Giansiracusa, Hall, Ballantyne, Podsiadly, Gray (Gumbleton, Hitchcock)

Basically, I traded Hunt > Davis this week and made a bit of dough. I could possibly spend it this week on upgrading a rookie.

Gumbleton, Maguire, Davis, Silvagni, Shuey, Podsaiadly, Hitchcock have all got lots more cash to make me, so not really looking at trading these guys this week. Silvagni may be one to trade next week.

Trengove and Bastinac I want to trade BOTH in the same week. This is because I have a powerful midfield, so I would want to trade UP Bastinac and trade DOWN Trengove to a new rookie (or vise versa), so to have 6 power midfields + at least 1 playing rookie on the bench.  This would hopefully leave me with a similar amount of cash to what I started with. Is this a good strategy?

There's also the possibility of trading out Ballantyne, but his BE is very low this week and will make some $$$.

I'm not trading Gray - don't ask.

Thoughts on the matter? I know I seem to have it all worked out, but I love other people's opinions :)

PS. I am leading all 3 of my leagues, and am placed 1610th. I am going for maximum score.

Samm79

Only a small risk of a donut with Brown pulling out late, still a bit of juice in the rookies, you can probably afford to hold off trading for the moment.

How many trades have you made so far out of curiosity?

The only factor that may frustrate you is all your rookies ripening at the same time and loosing points through the 2 trade per week limit...

Hydra

Gumbleton is emergency in case of Brown.

I have made 5 trades so far (Riewoldt, Roberts, Clark, Tippett, Hunt) so have 15 remaining, that's another reason why I am thinking of waiting.

If that DOES happen, I shall grin and bear it because it means that I must have made some good decisions along the way.. ;)

Samm79

well I'll be ...., Gia is playing. Definately hold then Hydra!

Hydra

Somehow I'm thinking hte rumours about his broken ribs are just that - rumours.

Jugganauts

Trengrove and Bastinac will continue to rise why not save that money?