want to avoid donut

Started by bluegumby, April 30, 2010, 04:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluegumby

to start off i have 16 trades remaining

my team is as follows

Backline:
Hodge, Gilbert, Enright, Maleceski, Kellenly. H Shaw, J Hunt. P Davis/J Blight (e)

Midfield
Bartel, J.Selwood, M Barlow, Ball, Mitchell(out thisweek), D Martin(out this week) and Emergancy Bastinac and Shuey

Rucks: Sandi, Seaby, Warnock, Lobbe

Forward:
ROK, Brown, Pav, Gian, Hall, Zeibell, Pods. Emergancies are Rockliff and Dennis-Lane

I have to players out in the midfield this week Mitchell and Martin with Shuey injuried only Bastinac can cover. Should i make some trades or get a 0?

16 Trades. $165,000 in bank

ronl

Donuts are bad enough late in the year when we can all expect to have our share, but to me donuts this early in the season are unacceptable and need to be avoided at all costs.  If you're playing to win your league(s) it signifies a near certain loss, and if you're playing for the car, you'll lose points that may be impossible to make up.  Losing Martin is not that bad because most good teams have him, but losing Mitchell would hurt. 
I'm in the same boat as you except I'm losing Boyd as well as Mitchell and Martin..  Have decided to bring in Judd a week earlier i than I had planned in a bid to stop the bleeding, but have to use Martin to do the deal, also earlier than I had planned. Good luck.

chatters24

I'm in the same boat but with Boyd, Martin and Howlett all missing, where Howlett and Boyd are emergencies on their team sheets. Not sure what to do.