Dream Team - Team of the Decade

Started by wooly, April 30, 2010, 03:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wooly

Given that it is the final year of this decade, I thought it would be a good idea to post a Dream Team Team of the Decade. I won't be posting a team until I get a chance to conduct a bit of research (I'm somewhat backed up with assignments atm), but I thought it would be a good idea to post this topic and get you guys thinking. Plus it also gives everyone something to talk about other then "is this a good team" or "who should I trade".

Obviously there are a few conditions when picking your team: player's must have played in this decade (2000-2009 or 2001-2010 - read below), there is obviously no salary cap and keep in mind that you are selecting player's purely from a dream team perspective. Reasons for your selections would also be good (i.e. so and so was not selected due to a poor injury history, inconsistancy, etc).

Hope you guys think it's a good idea :)

Boomz

Sounds like a good idea. You've got me thinking... ill try n get 1 done.

Fletch74

Wooly, wouldn't want to put your fire out with your idea, but the decade finished last year... 2000-2009!

Sorry, nice idea, but maybe you should do it for that period.

wooly

Quote from: Fletch74 on April 30, 2010, 10:15:22 PM
Wooly, wouldn't want to put your fire out with your idea, but the decade finished last year... 2000-2009!

Sorry, nice idea, but maybe you should do it for that period.

haha yeah I realised, but I was basing the interpretation of a decade on the fact that a decade begins from year 1 (so the first decade was from years 1-10, the second from year 11-20, etc) meaning we are therefore still in the 201st decade. Not the most common interpretation, but one that is still accepted. That and also the fact that I didn't think of this last year. lol. Either way feel free to post a team from 2000-2009 as I doubt there will be much difference (maybe only 1 or 2 different players).

valkorum

Sharker18

im pretty sure 1990, was in the 90's and not the 80's, but i like the idea regardless...gives players like Joel Bowden a chance to make a team of the decade...

Master Q

wooly

Quote from: Sharker18 on May 01, 2010, 03:32:03 AM
im pretty sure 1990, was in the 90's and not the 80's, but i like the idea regardless...gives players like Joel Bowden a chance to make a team of the decade...

yes agreed, but since the common calander started from year 1, the first full decade was years 1-10, second 11-20, etc. therefore technically the 201st decade is 2001-2010. If I had of said pick the team of the "2000s" then yes it would be 2000-2009. Basically I'm being a technical douche (for that I apologise) and as I mentioned the main reason I said 2001-2010 was due to the fact that I didnt think of this last year.

lol either way it's up to you if you want to post a team based on 2000-2009 or 2001-2010. There wont be a huge difference. :)