Thoughts on Kerr and Hunt trades

Started by miegs3, April 30, 2010, 02:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miegs3

Hi guys,

again I'm looking for advice on trades.

My thoughts are that it's a good week to remove Kerr and Hunt but I'm open to other suggestions if you can see opportunities in my team.

The best option I can see for Hunt is Phil Davis, I'm an Adelaide fan and looks a lot like Otten from last year but I'm not sure about how secure his spot is (although hopefully only needed as backup).

I left Kerr in last week and Trengove did a good job filling in while I had a look at Judd and Slyvia, however now having waited I also think I should get GAJ at some stage. On the other hand I'm wondering if I should trade Kerr for another cash earner like JKT (also not sure about his position security).

Thoughts are greatly appreciated, current team is as follows with $161,600 in the bank:

Backs: Hodge, Goddard, Waters, Kennelly, Maguire, Ladson, Houli, Silvagni, Hunt

Mids: Swan, Barlow, Stanton, Cooney, Trengove, Armitage, Duncan, Kerr

Rucks: Sandilands, Hille, Warnock, Lobbe

Forwards: Chapman, Brown, Pavlich, Brennan, Podsiadly, Tippet, Franklin, Gumbleton, Roberts

valkorum

I would go Hunt to Davis and Kerr to Ablett.  That would leave you $15k in the bank and a midfield of

Swan, Ablett, Cooney, Stanton, Armitage, Barlow, Trengove, Duncan

miegs3

Thanks for the reply, with Ablett out for the week do you now think I'm better off holding the trade hoping he returns but doesn't breakeven or make a trade this week for a rookie like JKT or go with a premium like Judd or Slyvia who are set to rise?

Cheers

miegs3

BratPack

I'd do the Hunt to Davis trade and hold off on the other to see if Ablett's back next week

ELLsendon

Quote from: valkorum on April 30, 2010, 02:36:35 PM
I would go Hunt to Davis and Kerr to Ablett.  That would leave you $15k in the bank and a midfield of

Swan, Ablett, Cooney, Stanton, Armitage, Barlow, Trengove, Duncan

miegs3

Thanks guys, went with P.Davis for Hunt and Slyvia for Kerr. In the end I'll hope GAJ drops in price a little when he returns.
Reason for Slyvia is that I can swap him into forward line if Midfield is too strong.