Bast to JKT & Danger to Gun or Mitchell to JKT & Danger to Gun??

Started by Samm79, April 30, 2010, 12:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samm79

15 trades left, $77,900 in the bank and down to 23 starters this week with only 6 starting forwards. My main aim is to get as many points as possible, the league win is a second priority. My team is:

Backs: Goddard, Malceski, Enright, Hodge, Waters, Maguire, Kennelly  Em: Silvagni, Nason
Mids: Ablett, Bartel, Mitchell, Barlow, Martin, Trengove  Em: Jetta, Bastinac
Rucks: Sandilands, NicNac Em: Warnock, Grimley
Fwds: Chapman, ROK, Goodes, Brown, Hall, Ballantyne, Dangerfield Em: Hitchcock, Rockliff

Before the teams were announced tonight I was hoping to get away without trading this round, but my hand may be forced. I also wanted to keep my cows until they are fully ripe, keeping Hitchcock with the hope he will get more gametime and milking Bastinac for the $50K+ which I think he has left in him. I also wanted to keep Sam Mitchell for the season as I have faith.

I don't like any of the scenarios I have running through my head right now as I don't like the idea of upgrading Danger to a $370K half way, going to average 85 ppg player. I have narrowed it down to 2 options and your thoughts on my situation would be appreciated!

Option 1: Mitchell to JKT and Danger to Grundy or Pav (Betts, Davies, Higgins?!?). This way I get a gun forward and have $219,000 to $286,000 freed up to upgrade 4 rookies mids to 2 gun mids.

Downside is this option takes 6 trades to take gun, mid-price, rookie to 3 guns.

Option 2: Bastinac to JKT, Danger to Grundy or Pav and have $5K to $73K cash left.

I am leaning towards option 2 but I really don't like it much either. Which one do you think or is there a better option there. Cheers is advance!

camtinley

Dump Dangerfield. That might be all you need to do.

camtinley

Option #1 looks pretty good. Mitchell will fall in price again whenever he plays. I'd go for Pav or Davies of that lot.

Big_Cox14

Dangerfield to P Davis. Then use the extra money for upgrades next week.

kyle9600

Quote from: camtinley on April 30, 2010, 01:13:55 PM
Option #1 looks pretty good. Mitchell will fall in price again whenever he plays. I'd go for Pav or Davies of that lot.

lol mitchell will fall in price again...how can you say that the man is a gun and when he comes back with sewell playing also his role will change and so will his score...whatever is wrong when he comes back he will fire

Samm79

chris

With 15 trades I'd be doing nothing, but if anything to avoid donut one trade Danger to Davis

Samm79

mattpedo

JKT will be dropped as soon as mitchells back... id be really worried about job security...

Fletch74

Quote from: mattpedo on May 01, 2010, 12:28:49 AM
JKT will be dropped as soon as mitchells back... id be really worried about job security...

Don't trade in JKT. One poor game, he's gone!!

Najoman_86

Anyone have any confidence that Bastinac can meet his BE this week. Understand that TOG is now an issue with both Greenwood, Adams and Cunnington in the squad... but reckon Basti's a real chance of going head-to-head with one of the Demon youngsters this weekend... could easily exceed the required BE (64)??

Samm79

I think he will break his BE and grow $50K in the next few weeks

fever

this is my main concern. what about cunnington, shuey, howlett, bannar instead? all seem more likely to play than jkt, though some have already gone up in price a bit (and shuey is injured atm i think).

enzedder

Quote from: fever on May 01, 2010, 03:14:57 AM

this is my main concern. what about cunnington, shuey, howlett, bannar instead? all seem more likely to play than jkt, though some have already gone up in price a bit (and shuey is injured atm i think).

Banner isn't playing and doesn't look like he will soon.This is my problem, so going to have to take the risk on JKT or pay the extra for Cunnington ...got a coin anyone?

Samm79

no coin here NZer, think I will just trade Danger to Davies, avoid the donut and raise some cash for upgrades in the coming rounds.

Now watch Barry Hall re-arrange Dawson's nose.

Thanks all for your help!