Boyd

Started by wrangle, April 30, 2010, 11:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrangle

Need some help with how emergencies work...firsttimer:)

I have Boyd and Ball in my midfield.  Boyd has been named by the Dogs as an emergency.  If I leave Boyd on the field and name Ball as my emergency do I get a donut if Boyd is not named in final side or will I score Ball for the round?

Sorry if simple question...thanks!

Justin Bieber

If Boyd doesn't get on field, he'll be replaced with ball's score.

Why is ball even on bench to begin with? Not paying that much to be parked on the bench.

Flame

You will get Ball's score and he should be starting anyway.

wrangle

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 30, 2010, 11:21:50 AM
If Boyd doesn't get on field, he'll be replaced with ball's score.

Why is ball even on bench to begin with? Not paying that much to be parked on the bench.

Yep its a toss up between him and Trengrove.  My other mids are Swan, Boyd, Selwood,del Santo and Barlow, all of whom I put before Ball. 

Tossup with Ball ave 79.2 and Trengrove ave 77.8.  Punting on Trengrove being at start of purple patch with a few games under his belt and playing North, and Ball's TOG not helping.  For an ave points difference of 1.4 its just really a gut call don't you reckon?

Justin Bieber

If thats how your gut feeling is. I try not to play rookies over proven guys but if you think Trengove can outscore Ball, Hope it works out for you :)

Bluke

Could be a good punt. I'd play Ball over Trengrove though personnally. Definately worth starting Boyd though and having Trengrove as Emg.

Got a feeling Gia might miss this week.

wrangle

Quote from: Bluke on April 30, 2010, 11:54:04 AM

Got a feeling Gia might miss this week.

Wow, I don't have him but interesting call.  what's the basis of your feeling?

Bluke

Rib injury sustained in last weeks game and the fact Boyd is named as Emg. Keeps the Saints guessing.

(I have Gia, so obviously want him to play)

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,13972.0.html

wrangle

Yep, thanks Bluke just read the other posts.

My feeling is that one of Hargrave (most likely) or Gia won't play and Boyd will.

Boyd is a resilient, tough guy and the more likely it is that one of them doesn't play means it is more likely that Boyd will.

If the Dogs had the luxury of a full list AND an easy game they might give Boydy another week.  Its a crunch week for the Dogs, psychologically as much as anything.

Spooners

Boyd has been ruled out for tomorrow nights game
http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/gram,-boyd-wont-play-90332
bad news for many... myself included

Iceman2151

I wouldnt take him off the field. At worst make sure you got a bench emerg, just in case Boyd (named on emergency list) is a late call up. Here's hoping so