How much cash is a good trade worth?

Started by Cruiseon, April 30, 2010, 10:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiseon

I am thinking of trading Hunt for Davis and collect the $200k for the transaction. My backs are strong with Ladson as bench cover already now that McGuire is my 7th back. I have used 3 trades thus far.

So two questions:
1) Is a pure cash trade for $200k worth it? (I'll use o upgrade midfield in due course)

2) Do you think this particular trade is worthwhile?

ELLsendon

Personally, I reckon that Hunt wont rise much higher, and yes, I believe the trade is worth while.

Cruiseon

But in financial terms what do we reckon a trade is worth?

jmcphe

Prospector_1

Quote from: ELLsendon on April 30, 2010, 10:22:22 AM
Personally, I reckon that Hunt wont rise much higher, and yes, I believe the trade is worth while.
x2

Prospector_1

Quote from: Cruiseon on April 30, 2010, 10:45:25 AM
But in financial terms what do we reckon a trade is worth?

How much would you pay to buy one?

There was a thread related to this last year - maybe you'll find it ...

Cruiseon

Prospector when you say x2 does that mean you agree?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Cruiseon on April 30, 2010, 11:13:40 AM
Prospector when you say x2 does that mean you agree?
Yes.

Really depends on whether you want to burn a trade. I try to keep a few and at least get 1 keeper for every 2 trades i do. Don't care about the money (even though its good to have) but need to get a good 22 by mid season. For me - 200k seems pretty good. Many do it for less (like 100k).

Cruiseon

Begs the question should I really be taking the advice of anyone associated with the Essendon Football Club?  ;)

The only advice offered by my Essendon friends on Sunday at the game was, lets go to the bar (23 minute mark of the first quarter)!!!

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Cruiseon on April 30, 2010, 11:26:59 AM
Begs the question should I really be taking the advice of anyone associated with the Essendon Football Club?  ;)

The only advice offered by my Essendon friends on Sunday at the game was, lets go to the bar (23 minute mark of the first quarter)!!!
Its either us or a Saints supporter ;D

Prospector_1

Quote from: Cruiseon on April 30, 2010, 11:26:59 AM

You didn't like that idea?

Cruiseon

Given they were wearing black & red at the football they are not generally known for thier ideas. It was in fact one of their better thoughts.

It was such a good idea we followed it until 11pm!

Prospector_1

Quote from: Cruiseon on April 30, 2010, 11:45:24 AM
It was in fact one of their better thoughts. It was such a good idea we followed it until 11pm!

*rubs hands together* ... "excellent!"

Bluke