The Hunt Trade question

Started by elxam, April 30, 2010, 04:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elxam

Before you jump off Hunt for either Davis/Hams/White, you'd be wise to consider your bench cover towards the end of the season when injuries to premiums and loss of form from the rookies will likely happen.

Job security for most rookies is a misnomer.

DG

Good advice, but you do have to take risks in this game to win. Of those 3 you'd have to say Davis has the most chance of playing a few games, but yeah could end up with no of them around come the pointy end of the season.

chatters24

These blokes usually get 3-5 games here and 3-5 games there. They can find it quite tough to play a whole heap of games in a row, which the owners or hitchcock, duncan and banner have found out.

elxam

imagine you also have howett, jkt, shuey, trengove(port) etc ... with this lot ... you're guaranteed to suffer

GinoGod

near the end of the season more rookie players will be given a chance to play...with teams who cant make finals

bundyboy

that's true Gino - but by the end of the season you don't want to having to use any trades to get rookies...

ELLsendon

Quote from: GinoGod on April 30, 2010, 06:11:22 AM
near the end of the season more rookie players will be given a chance to play...with teams who cant make finals
Richmond are already playing rookies (Relton)
:P :P

elxam

scarcasm is creeping for rookies ?

GinoGod

im still not sure to trade hunt out....maybe one more week

Davoo

im gonna wait for hargraves price to fall more because hunt wont drop as much as hargrave so i think ill wait on hunt when hargrave breakeven is around 80

elxam

now i like this H->H more  :D

GinoGod

but looking at it....my bench players will make more money than hunt....maybe u be able to trade for hargrave then and actually make money at same time

Davoo

i might be able to. is it safe to have 1 bench player like maguire and another one that has a less job security like davis? like if i should get rid of nason when he peaks?

GinoGod

elxam

one cover is probably all you need towards the very pointy end of the season; it's the period in the middle before getting there that needs to be of some concern