Get Barlow - Who's out? Who else in?

Started by roo boys!, April 29, 2010, 12:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

As we approach this upcoming round, I am faced with a dilema. I have had an idea for a trade and have worked it all out, just don't know who to trade out and who to get in?

I know that sounds stupid ( you obviously haven't figured it out idiot!) but read on and it will make more sense. I had it all figured out, I would trade Corey out for Barlow and have $190,000 to upgrade Ziebell but then I thought what if I traded out Gram? He is $86,400 cheaper I am in the dark about both his and Corey's injuries so I am not sure if he will play next few weeks or not. I think I read he should but not sure.

So my two options are:
A: I trade out Corey for Barlow and have roughly $514,000 for a Ziebell upgrade. The two main options I was looking at are Higgins(consistent) or Didak(great scores but 1 bad week). Higgins is around 20k cheaper.

B: I trade out Gram for Barlow and have $428,000 for the Ziebell trade. I think there were a lot less viable options at this price and none really jumped out at me.

I currently have $1,200 in the bank and all 20 trades left. I am holding out for the teams to be released and hopefully they decide god me but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

HintT

Corey to Barlow is a downgrade of epic proportions.

You should only downgrade rookies to rookies.

Sorry but if you don't have Barlow already... that ship has already reached England.

Slashers

Trading in Barlow... now ? ? ?
There are teams that don't have Barlow? (teams that weren't week 1 flash in the pan auto fills)

roo boys!

I still think that the Barlow ship is still boarding for the next few weeks even though most have left on it, his BE of -13 is clearly reachable(you would hope that he doesn't do a Milne) and he would still continue to go up and in my eyes he would be a keeper. Also I know that Corey to Barlow is drastic but I need to do something to get the cash flowing and they have been scoring the same if not Barlow better all season so far.

Fletch74

You're flippin' crazy man. You've missed the boat!!

If you post the rest of your mids, I'm sure we could find a better downgrade option...

Bluke

Yep, I rekon hold on Gram and Corey. They are Keepers and will pick up. Whats the rest of your squad?

roo boys!

My squad:
backs: Hodge.     Malceski.     Duffield
                                                                     Suban           
           Kennelly.   Waters.      Gram.
(Stratton,White)

mids: Ablett(c),   Goddard(vc)

Corey.        Gibbs.        Carrazzo.        Cunnington
(Lucas,Colyer)

rucks:  Sandilands.    Naitanui
(Warnock,McNamara)

fwds:   Pavlich.       Bradshaw.    Bate
                                                                Duncan
           Sylvia.         Ziebell.      Podsiadly
(Rockliff,Roberts)                 

HillHero13

SCADDICT

Trade Carazzo to Barlow, he isn't as good for SC and isn't even on the same level as Joel Corey.

Fletch74

Looking at your side Rooboys it looks like you've traded a fair bit already as you have a few players who were on the bubble last week etc. If that is the case, then you should hold on to your trades.

As I said you've missed the boat. Don't trade!!

Cruiseon

Trade Rich in whilst youa re at it, he was great for 2009.

Sailed, ship, that has.

kazam

lol.... rookie error. you should have had barlow from at least round 2.

kazam

in saying that, i wouldnt trade either, corey and gram are probably both back this week... both quality players, and ziebell isnt doing too bad.

Samm79

as everyone else has said you should have Barlow by now, ra ra ra.

Looking forward though (and not in the past) Barlow is still exceptional value at $329K. He averaging 111 ppg and you would expect him to average 100 this season.

He was better value in the early rounds and is there a better value keeper running around?

Great draft (apart from Barlow) to have all 20 trades left, good luck!

roo boys!

Thanks Samm, and I thought about it and realized that it did sound a bit ridiculous so I thought of a new plan:     (Btw I haven't checked the teams yet)
I am thinking I might trade suban to someone on the bubble(P Davis ect) and still have the same amount as if I traded Corey to barlow for the ziebell upgrade. ($514,000 or so)

What are the thoughts on THIS trade?