Gia broken ribs?

Started by tony73, April 28, 2010, 04:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tony73

They said on The Winners he has broken ribs and to be assesed during the week!

Surely that means he is out?? Or does it???

Im under the impression Ribs can take quite a while to get right

Griffo1982

Thats horrible news!
He finally pulled out a good score for me & now he maybe injured, add that to the Brown injury & i'm up Sh!t creek without a paddle!

Slashers

Are you telling porkies, or do you have a link to support it?

tony73

No link, AFL Teams is show on Foxtel, nothing esle out on it yet!

I have him as well and want to know more.

He went off in the third quarter straight down into the rooms clutching his guts but returned.

What puzzles me is the to be assessed mid week thing???

Can you play with broken ribs??? I have had bruised ribs but played after one week off but it was very sore for about 6 weeks!

Slashers

I don't think its a good idea to play with broken ribs.
From a quick google, it depends on a few things about the rib injury.
For example, this link relates to NFL;
http://www.thedisabledlist.com/How-do-broken-ribs-affect-football-players-Jason-Witten
Or this chat;
http://www.efl.org.au/index.php?id=98&view=single_thread&cat_uid=1&conf_uid=1&thread_uid=1064
I think I remember someone having rib problems last year (might have been Hodge), and they played, but were targeted by the opposition ::)

p.s. I don't have him, but if I did, would be a good excuse to look at Sylvia ;)

lowedown11

heard the same thing...im tipping against the saints this week its gonna be pretty tough so its weather he can handle the pain or not or how bad they really are...if he played on which he did then he should play i would guess with some heavy strapping

tony73

I guess he played on after getting jabbed in the rooms!

Geez how often do these blokes get jabbed???

I am tipping Brown was jabbed before the game!

ELLsendon

Jabbed?

Understatement, Brown probably had about 4 needles in him before the game, plus one at half time!

no eye deer

Thats all I need! >:( Roo, Brown AND Gia, just as he comes good. I suppose there will be a few in the same boat. Doesn't make me feel any better though. Even if he plays he wont score very well. Like Brown, if hes going to get <50 better not to play at all!

Griffo1982

Has anybody heard any confirmation about Gia's rib injury?

tony73

Still nothing, I think its been kept real quiet, AKA Brown, nothing on the injury lists at all.

The worry is he plays and struggles AKA Brown

Holding Danger as well Gia probably need to play for me!

Maybe they are holding out to see what Boyd does

hawk_88

Ribs are a very interesting injury. I'll start off by saying I'm not a doctor, but there is very little doctors can do.

If it is a slight or hairline fracture a player can play on, but it can be very painful (and possibly effect performance) however the risk of further injury is much higher.

A full break and that can mean up to 10 weeks of healing which will also mean minimal training due to the restricted movement of your core. Which will mean fitness will suffer and it will take longer to get back in the seniors.

Fractures can also hide from some imaging techniques and clubs my report it as a 1 week injury which turns into 10.

Wait and see what the club says.

HintT

My sources this week are too busy up in Brisbane to report on Gia.  Probably for the best.

Boomz

i hope he plays coz i havnt got enough back up for him n brown if they both dont play...

MissPiesFF

Quote from: Slashers on April 28, 2010, 05:36:28 AM
I don't think its a good idea to play with broken ribs.
From a quick google, it depends on a few things about the rib injury.
For example, this link relates to NFL;
http://www.thedisabledlist.com/How-do-broken-ribs-affect-football-players-Jason-Witten
Or this chat;
http://www.efl.org.au/index.php?id=98&view=single_thread&cat_uid=1&conf_uid=1&thread_uid=1064
I think I remember someone having rib problems last year (might have been Hodge), and they played, but were targeted by the opposition ::)

p.s. I don't have him, but if I did, would be a good excuse to look at Sylvia ;)
Yup Slashers it was Hodge in the GF against Cats in 2008. Hodgey had a broken ribs and got knocked several times during that match. But Gia is not Hodge lol. Hodge would play even if he was blind rofl.

Next training session
Tuesday 27th April, 11:00am
Injury List
Matthew Boyd - Hand - Test
Ayce Cordy - Shoulder - 2 weeks
Andrew Hooper - Shoulder - To be assessed
Christian Howard - Hip - 3 weeks
James Mulligan - Hamstring - Test
Liam Picken - Ankle - 4-5 weeks
Shane Thorne - Knee - 12 weeks
Jason Tutt - Ankle - 2 weeks
Callan Ward - Groin - 4 weeks