Gia broken ribs?

Started by tony73, April 28, 2010, 04:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tony73

Miss Piesff did see Dangerfields injury on the Adelaide list, or Heath Shaws a few weeks back *eye ::)roll*

They list the injuries they want you to see

Slashers

Where has this claim even come from? Has anyone else mentioned it apart from some show (The Winners??) I have never heard of?
There is still no 'Google news' results for Giansiracusa and a rib injury??

Prospector_1

Quote from: tony73 on April 28, 2010, 04:30:05 AM
They said on The Winners he has broken ribs and to be assesed during the week!

Surely that means he is out?? Or does it???

Im under the impression Ribs can take quite a while to get right

... ask tony ...

Slashers

By posting a comment, I'm asking tony ...

tony73

The winners is on every Monday night right before On The Couch, thats the only place I saw it and myself have found nothing else on it.

I have Gia and have no reson to be making such a claim up!

Whilst I was watching the game (on tv) he left the field 3rd quarter and went straight down the race clutching his chest! he came back and played on but only managed 10 possesions in the second half

I know no more and the facts are as posted in the initial post!!!

Prospector_1

I don't think tony was ever unclear on this ...

Flame

Disaster..Gumby may be brought on to play!!

Cruiseon

My Great Grandma broke her ribs once, she was fine, although she still blames an unfortunate defeat in Bridge on that injury.

Slashers

Quote from: Prospector_1 on April 29, 2010, 01:15:50 PM
I don't think tony was ever unclear on this ...
Prospector, are you being serious?
I was just asking if anyone else could substantiate tony's original claim.

I'm holding up my end of the bargain (;)), cut me a bit of slack.

Prospector_1

Agreed, no problem, I think we all wish there was better info, both on this, and on JBrown.

Teams are out tomorrow, they'll prolly both be named, and we'll still be no wiser!

Slashers

I don't know how the 'extended bench' naming thing works (whats the cut off), but with the Dogs game being Friday night, doesn't their side need to be pretty firm. Meaning, if Gia really does have issues, he won't be named?
Or if they name emergencies, then that could indicate an issue? Maybe you could clarify this a bit?
The Brisbane game being Sat night, so that could be a different story. I'm not so much worried about Brown though. I trust vossy ;)

Prospector_1

Right on both counts IMHO, Slashers. Defs know before lock-out, apart from coaches' mind-games.

I begin to wonder if coaches (and players) mightn't have agreed to be less informative just to keep us all guessing ... (conspiracy?)

hawk_88

My understanding is as follows:

When each team lodges their "final" teams with the AFL, they always include 3 emergencies. They are allowed to, without penalty, name these 3 players in place of others on the list up to 90 minutes before the game unless unforeseeable extreme or unavoidable events occur (which the Hawks claimed happened with Renouf).

Teams are first lodged by 6pm est on the day before the first match of the round. If you match is more than 2 days after this day, i.e. if you lodge on Thursday, Sunday is more than 3, you name an extended bench of 7 if the game is 3 days or 9 if it is 4 days. Then 2 days out (if Sunday this means Friday) from your match you lodge your "final" team.

Split rounds are treated like 2 separate rounds when lodging teams.

So basically don't read too much into the existence of extended benches and emergencies. They are always configured the same. What you should look for is which of the emergencies fly with the side if they are going interstate and also whether or not an emergency plays in the state level sides.

For example, the if team A flies interstate with a ruckman as an emergency and the main ruckman is under an injury cloud, the chances that he wont play are higher.

tony73

I notice most of the time the first 4 named on the bench most often are the final 4 on the pine!

tony73

By the way no one believed my Brown injury thread last week and laughed off the reports on the ABC and Fox Sports!!!!