Main Menu

new layout suggestion?

Started by falcon, April 24, 2010, 10:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

falcon

Well this is just a suggestion, tell me what you think ;D, Still working on the bottom half.

Master Q

Nice, But i think the old one will do as:

More Images= Slower Speed
Match Blog Included = Slower Speed
The chat area doesn't look... you know...

falcon

HillHero13

I like it
q is right tho it will take longer but I like it how the chat splits the teams

would be good if m0nty uses it

Master Q

Now that you uploaded the second image...

falcon just remember that the page has to reload every 15 seconds, although it looks great it will just take so long...

Alex7089

the live scores won't be so live any more because unless you have fast internet which a lot of people don't then it will be very hard. It looks good but like Q said you'd be waiting for yonks for the page to load, not a bad idea though ;) Good effort.

falcon

m0nty

The humongous waste of space at the top is what really turns me off this design. Why have all that white space and force people to scroll down for the content? Not everyone has 1280x1024 desktops. In fact, only 20% of FF users have screen resolutions that high, so 80% of people would have to scroll down to see the chat.

I'm not sure why you would want the blog and the chat on one screen. There's a reason they're on different pages. Some people like one, some like the other. I haven't seen people asking for both at once.

falcon

Just a suggestion man.. jeez chill.

Master Q

m0nty how do you know that fact about 20% have big screens?

Kazahkstan

Quote from: falcon on April 25, 2010, 03:28:08 AM
Just a suggestion man.. jeez chill.
He is 'chilled'. You're just taking the feedback the wrong way.

m0nty

Quote from: Master Q on April 25, 2010, 05:12:33 AM

I have Google Analytics on FF, that tells me all sorts of things about my users.

falcon

Well from the feedback from v1. I thought i might give it a crack for V2 :D. Tell me what u think.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: m0nty on April 26, 2010, 02:55:05 AM
Quote from: Master Q on April 25, 2010, 05:12:33 AM
I have Google Analytics on FF, that tells me all sorts of things about my users.
STALKER on the loose ;D ;)

Its a good idea but alot of white as said before. If there was something with both teams in the background could make it a bit better.

Justin Bieber

Looks better than the other one.
Blog and chat interchangable like now?
The contested poss, effective kicks, etc will take some more work to get them. Will proabbly have to get them straight from the heraldsun which might take a little longer i think.

Bottom will still have the little icons and what icons mean what?