Tom Rockliff?

Started by mdm90, April 22, 2010, 09:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdm90

i was thinking of downgrading one of ziebell, dangerfield or ballantyne to rockliff so that i can free up some cash for upgrades. will rockliff still be able to score well when black comes back into the side and will he be able to retain his spot in the 22??

also, 18 trades left

all comments appreciated

Justin Bieber

Quote from: mdm90 on April 22, 2010, 09:48:12 AM
will he be able to retain his spot in the 22??
Thats the question you've really got to consider. He'll be good if you want to free up cash but doesn't have the job sercurity those other 3 have.

mdm90

thats the dilemma im facing. ziebell seems to have one really good quarter each game then goes missing for a while, dangerfield is being played forward in a team struggling to kick goals and not getting much time in the midfield, and ballantyne's scores will be up and down because he is a small forward. i will just have to think about this decision right up until lockout

chrisuzz

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 22, 2010, 09:55:41 AM
Quote from: mdm90 on April 22, 2010, 09:48:12 AM
will he be able to retain his spot in the 22??
Thats the question you've really got to consider. He'll be good if you want to free up cash but doesn't have the job sercurity those other 3 have.
i'd doubt it with Black and Addock coming back, good scores mean nothing Rockliff had them all NAB cup yet didn't make the 22 for the first 3 rounds.
Keep A Little Faith ;D (saw the thread  :) ) in Ziebell, Danger and Balla no real reason why you should be trading them out just yet, no use i wasting those trades when u have already used 2

Also who are your Forward reserves

mdm90

my forward reserves are podsiadly and relton roberts. but troy taylor looked alright against melbourne so he might be favoured over roberts??

Justin Bieber

Can you afford Roberts to Rocky? that looks a better trade than downgrading the other guys.

mdm90

i can afford roberts to rockliff but i find it a little stupid using a trade to upgrade a bench player rather than to upgrade/downgrade someone in my starting 22

Mish

generally speaking you should never look to downgrade anyone other than the cash cows.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: mdm90 on April 22, 2010, 12:04:15 PM
i can afford roberts to rockliff but i find it a little stupid using a trade to upgrade a bench player rather than to upgrade/downgrade someone in my starting 22
don't like sideways trades either but do you think roberts can get back into the team and get you some cash later on? Could pay off hanging onto him but risky.

mdm90

roberts might find it hard to play this week with hardwick stating that the 3 first gamers from last week would all play against freo even though roberts kicked 3 goals for coburg in the vfl

Gava

im in the same situation, except im looking at bringing in pods. this is because i need the money desperately so i can make a midfield upgrade this week also. im thinking one of ziebell or ballantyne as they are worth 30k more. i think of the 3 ziebell will be the most consistent and ballantyne will bob up with some big and shocking scores. dangerfield will be a 75 av player if he gets midfield time or Adelaide start doing well

elxam

if you have trades (18+) then maybe Danger to Pods, simply because I don't like his record with injuries (Balla and Ziebell also injury prone but have seemed to fair a bit better than Danger this year)

Either way, this is still considered a no-win trade because you haven't earned anything from Danger while downgrading to some unknown, 2-gamer, whose job security is not guaranteed. If it comes off, great, if not you'll potentially waste two trades. Can you afford that ?

Gava

mate the chances are pods and rockliff arent keepers anyway. but what they are going to do is make a hell of a lot of money which is gold for me coz my fwd bench is gumby and hitchcock which are crap. so pods will go up to 250k odd very quickly which is gold

AussieBat

Totally agree with you Gava....   l thought fantasy league is about making money to upgrade to premiums. Not to keep very average players making very average scores. That will make you a very average manager who will finish midfield with all the other copy cats on this site....

boooyaaa

u gotta think about it this way, the total points u will be getting for rest of the season. with 18 rounds left

option 1:keep danger,ziebell,ballantyne and upgrade them at round 10 to a premium
rounds 5-9 - avg 80 =400 points
+
rounds 10-22 - avg 100 = 1300 points
TOTAL FOR REST OF SEASON = 1700 points

option 2:trade to rockliff then upgrade round 13 to premium, then cop 0s after round 19 cos uve got no trades left
rounds 5-12 - avg 70 = 560 points
+
rounds 13-19 - avg 100 = 700 points
+
rounds 20-22 - avg 0 = 0 points
TOTAL FOR RESTO OF SEASON = 1260 points

so youve got make the decison
do u
A. want to save the trade and score 1700 points for the remaining rounds
or
B. want to waste the trade now and score 1260 points for the remaining rounds