Who will last longer between Duncan, Pods, Peterson and Rocky ?

Started by elxam, April 22, 2010, 03:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will last longer this season ?

Podsiadly
15 (250%)
Rockcliff
9 (150%)
Peterson
8 (133.3%)
Duncan
8 (133.3%)
Other forward rookies
5 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

elxam

Barring injuries, who will last longer this season (from rd5):
Peterson
Rockcliff
Podsiadly
Duncan ?

browny_wce

think pods wuld be the best
he shud get the nod over hawkins if it comes down to it i recon

elxam

have read somewhere ... thomo was keen to persevere with hawkins because he's the future of the forward for geelong, etc ...

korza

elxam

yeah agreed korza, but who will finish with more games from rd5

Justin Bieber

Knights will probably play Gumby 22 games bar injury. He's in the 'other' section ;D.

Not completely sold on any of them yet. Korza is spot on. Rookies find it hard to stay in for the entire year, especially KKP ones. Duncan looks to be a smokie for me.

Master Q

Pods is 28 but his skill has to be strong in a team like that, but i agree with the others aswell.

AndyJ

As i mentioned in another thread here, The player who jpod has been promoted to replace is due back from his LTI soon .. Meaning he may have to wait on the midseason rookie promotion or another LTI on the senior list to play more than a few additional weeks early this season.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: AndyJ on April 22, 2010, 08:06:57 AM
As i mentioned in another thread here, The player who jpod has been promoted to replace is due back from his LTI soon .. Meaning he may have to wait on the midseason rookie promotion or another LTI on the senior list to play more than a few additional weeks early this season.
If he keeps kicking bags don't think he'll be dropped though. Would be stupid if Bomber does this. He'll probably make room by dropping an out of form guy instead if Pods can maintain form. But if he isn't doing well, got to agree with you there AndyJ.

bundyboy

tks AndyJ...does anyone know actually when the player Pods replaced is coming back??

I'm hinking of picking Pods up this week like lots of others, but don't want to do that if he is only going to get a week or two???

gerco

Pods is replacing Mitchell Brown, who re-damaged the leg he broke last year, and he should be back around round 8.

Geelong has Steve Motlop who will miss around 10 weeks minimum with a dislocated shoulder; I don't know if he has been 'promoted' to the LTI.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: gerco on April 22, 2010, 08:23:33 AM
Pods is replacing Mitchell Brown, who re-damaged the leg he broke last year, and he should be back around round 8.

Geelong has Steve Motlop who will miss around 10 weeks minimum with a dislocated shoulder; I don't know if he has been 'promoted' to the LTI.
Don't forget Rooke

AndyJ

Good point about steven motlop .. judging by what http://www.injuryupdate.com.au/afl.php has to say, motlop is along ways off yet .. Anyone know if a player in Pod's situation can swap the player their replacing? .... mitch w brown -> motlop ? that way he may be able to play all year :)

heres the link to that other thread i mentioned.
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,13444.0.html

Prospector_1

gerco

Quote from: AndyJ on April 22, 2010, 08:53:20 AMGood point about steven motlop .. judging by what http://www.injuryupdate.com.au/afl.php has to say, motlop is along ways off yet .. Anyone know if a player in Pod's situation can swap the player their replacing? .... mitch w brown -> motlop ? that way he may be able to play all year :)

Brown won't be back until Round 8, so it would just be for round 9 and 10 due to the Round 11 Free Rookie Upgrade.

Re the Brown-Motlop swap, I'd imagine it would be very simple

Mitch Brown off LTI
Pods back to rookie list

Motlop to LTI
Pods back from the rookie list