first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem

Started by sid3bysid3, April 21, 2010, 11:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid3bysid3

My name is sid3bysid3 and i am a trading addict! i have been on the road to recovery this season and given the amount of senseless trading people are posting i want to share my journey to recovery with you.

first step is admitting you have a problem...

second step is make 2 supercoach teams.

team a: your sensible team, the one you want to win in comps and you stick to the rules:
- keep the faith
- never trade before teams are named
- always look at your BE's before you trade
- do not sideways trade

team b: is your fantasy fantasy team. its like your mistress team which nobody needs to know about... dont join a private league.
this team you live out all of your dirty trading desires... sideways trade, trade early whatever immoral sc thoughts you may have. once you click that 'confirm trade' it is an instant release.... you get that fix and your reliable team that you love does not have to cop the brunt of it!

buzz_kill

terrible post.
utterly useless.

people know how many trades they have and they know how, when and why they want to use them.

grum88

Prospector_1

I got a laugh out of it. Ever tried a two step program?

rory

Nothing wrong with that, in fact I just finished two trades in my "other team" and feel dam good.
Now I can wait till friday to do the real deal.

My second team is actually my sons, I just help him out a little ;D

Justin Bieber

Quote from: rory on April 21, 2010, 02:24:14 PM
My second team is actually my sons, I just help him out a little ;D
Guessing that term is used very loosely? ;D

Alot of people like trading early. It just makes it moe fun early on that they get to talk about stuff. But they are screwed later on when they run out of trades round 17. Keep your fingers crossed and hope that the saints (or any other team) pull that stunt again ;)

ossie85

Quote from: buzz_kill on April 21, 2010, 12:30:56 PM
terrible post.
utterly useless.

people know how many trades they have and they know how, when and why they want to use them.

Your username is very appropriate!

Post was great Sid! You have a sponsor yet?

Samm79

sid3bysid3

haha its all a bit of a laugh buzzkill... good to see you living up to your hating ways! if everyone knows how many trades they have and when to use them why are people always banging on about 'should i trade scully for tengrove???'

way to spell 'allowed' correctly grum88, one switched on unit obviously.

ELLsendon

Torress

i've got mates who i beleive do a very similar thing - but i think u justify having a 2nd team much better than them!!!
it seems that the ''other'' team seems to be always doing better lol
anyway, one team for me i couldn't really be bothered doing multiple teams. i'd get too annoyed thinking about 60 players that could of been mixed into one team that ''could of been'' - rubbish!!! i HATE ppl who make their team and create another team(s) in the same league - CHEATS!!!

ronl

What happens if your "serious" team finds out you've been cheating and getting some forbidden fruits on the side?

Samm79

you are out on the couch. The thing is it is just like camping, so no big deal! Just don't tell the serious team that though....

valkorum

Quote from: ronl on April 23, 2010, 02:45:07 AM
What happens if your "serious" team finds out you've been cheating and getting some forbidden fruits on the side?

You should lose 50% like you would iin real life.  Same order as a divorce works (house, car // Ablett, Judd)

rory

Quote from: Torress on April 22, 2010, 09:13:50 AM
HATE[/glow] ppl who make their team and create another team(s) in the same league - CHEATS!!!
your right they are cheats our league has a guy with two teams and played himself in the first week ,put rubbish players from bench on ground and, and named a rookie as captain. Now on top of ladder by %age >:(.