Hall for Podsiadly?? Roughead for Rockliff??

Started by jam_737, April 21, 2010, 10:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jam_737

What do you think about this? Trade Hall for Podsiadly. Trade Roughead for Rockliff. That'll give me a gain of approx. $500,000 left over. Both Pods. & Rock. will be going up after this week, if they play.

elephants

very common a lot of people are doing it and IMO its a good plan but i wont be doing it as i prefer not to use as many trades so early in the season as i paid severely last year as i was set for a top 10k finish in my first year until i ran out of trades (d'oh) and fininshed about 22,000.

moral of the story save your trades they are GOLDEN

good plan in my opinion

jam_737

Very good point mate. it's my first year back in DT after a few years on the sidelines. I remember last time i did it, i used up all my trades by round 12 & got a few donuts after that. Lost interest in it, by the end!!

But having said that. Hall is killing me. Roughead is a little frustrating. along with Martin in midfield. So im thinking ill give myself this week to get cash. Then next week to upgrade Martin to Ablett. Still leaving me $200,000 in the kitty. Then leaving me with 13 Trades for the remainder.

Cheers mate.

Flame

13 trades is cutting it fine..

Hawks have had a rough trot and going into some easier games. I'd be tempted to keep Roughead. Hall hasn't belted someone yet so why trade him??? Consider saving trades.. ;D

antonc

13 trades can be Ok. Just depends how many keepers you have in your team. If you started of with 14 and used your 7 trades to get 3 more.
Only 5 more keeper to get and a few left over for injuries

It all depends on your goal ..... do you want to win your comp or do you want a high ranking.
If you want to win your comp you have to save as many trades as possible
If you want a high ranking you have to go aggressive and trade a lot early (week 3 to 9) and keep 6 to 8 trades for injuries and a few late upgrades

Just my opinion
Worked wel for me last year untill ross lyon pulled all his stars for the tassie game.

MissPiesFF

I would keep Roughy
Why? Now Franklin is back in they work well together. The Pies did not allow Hawks to even get the ball into their 50(limited). So Roughy did not get much of the ball. Do not trade him as he we be fine against other teams. Pies were just turned on 500% that night is all.

Plastic Boy

Everyone is trading in players which are cemented in the best 22, for fill in players like Pods and Rocky.

Very risky, sure you might get some cash and use it on ur midfield, then all of a sudden Pods and Rocky dont get named and you'll have donuts  everywhere...

antonc

That will only happen if you have no bench
I have both (pods from the start) because they have great scoring potential and will make you lots of money when they get to 6 or 7 games

Mish

very bad trade imo, regardless how much money it makes you, roughead could end up being a keeper and should average you 80+ once hawthorn picks up their act... only reason roughy hasnt been playing all that well so far is because hawks have 1 ruck left and buddy didnt play 2 of the games.

as for hall, i think you should give him a few weeks, you got him as a mid priced cash cow, let him do his job.

what are you currently averaging?

elxam

was like you elephants. 1st year last year and got burnt in the finals because of guys like coxy sitting on the pine having a smoko!
finished about 20k
save your trades otherwise you'll lose interest again by about round 16

chatters24

Silly to replace one key full-forward (Hall) with another (Pods) particularly when Pod's hasnt exactly cemented his spot. If he has 2 games in a row where he goes goalless he'll be back off to the VFL for another few weeks until he gets another opportunity. Once he gets dropped he will find it very hard to get back in.

Mish

i agree with chatters, unless he keeps scorring a couple of goals a game hes out.

elxam

agreed with chatters too. remembering that forwards are usually inconsistent .. Hall will play regardless of how he performs the weeks before (more so than a rookie)

2010winner

Maybe a chance to free up some cash with this trade?

Then upgrade in a few weeks one of my other forwards to Higgins or something?

Whaddya reckon?

cameda09

I would hold onto him for a few more weeks,  he will come good. hes playing against the crows aswell