Start PODS over Gray?

Started by Plastic Boy, April 21, 2010, 05:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plastic Boy

I suffered big time from bad bench choices last week, had Pods and Bastinac on the bench.

Should I start PODS over Robbie Gray?

Either him or ballantyne, but Balla should bounce back against Richmond.

Mish

decisions!! i can still never get the bench right and i been playing for 4 years! :( so now i just go by who the better player is, in this case i would still keep pods on bench.

SCADDICT

No, I just dont see the point of having Gray in your team then. If you pay that much and then just put him on the bench. Im in the same situation with Danger and Rockcliff but I've realised its just stupid and a waste to put the more expensive one on the bench.

Plastic Boy

I understand but you cant just have a player on the field because they cost more.

Its all about matchups and form.  And Pods is in great form and against Carlton who will struggle against 3 tall FWDS.

As for Gray, well its his second game back, and it might take him another week to get into the game in terms of pace. 

SCADDICT

Yeah I agree but if you think gray isnt good enough to start on the field,  just trade him mate waste of money on the bench. Why would you keep him on your bench?

SCADDICT

Your pods theory has some logic, so why not just trade gray this week to a rookie. 

Plastic Boy

Nah I'm not keen on trading.  I have Gray because I feel he'll score well this year as a small fwd rotating through the midfield. I am merely just asking whether to have Gray or Pods on the field for this week only. 

I dont believe Pods will play for much longer, maybe another 4-5 weeks, but for this week I think Carlton will have their hands full, especially if they dont decide to bring Waite and Thornton back in.

chatters24

Why would you bother holding on to Gray for the first 3 weeks when he was injured just to demote him to the bench after his first week back in favour for a rookie?? If you don't have enough confidence in his consistent scoring ability then you should look at trading him out. He's just too expensive to rotate him on and off your bench every week due to "matchups and form".  You do that with rookies, not someone who is worth $321,200.

Plastic Boy

I will not rotate him back and forward, I think after the next week or 2 he should be fit ready to crack out some big scores.  But one can not simple deny the form of Pods. 

I dont care who sits on the pine in all honesty.  If I have a rookie or cheap player banging out big scores, and a premium or mid priced player struggling, then I will for sure give the cheaper player a shot. Half my luck I have a quality bench backup.

I dont just trade players out if they are down in form, for the simple fact you only have 20 trades. Most people are trading way too easily and trading players down on form.  Gray is just coming back from an injury, so I'm deciding whether to sit him out until he seems fired up and 100%

Davoo

on bench for the one week guys! im thinking benching him as well. gray 2nd week back might not score so well against ST KILDA so doesnt matter if hes higher price. pods likely to score higher than him anyway

bundyboy

well would normally always favour the more expensive, seasoned player, and keep rookies to the bench, but this week I recon i agree with Plastic and Davoo...

Carlton are crap - (and I'm a member :'() and they will struggle big time against the cats - I can see Pods getting his 10 + marks and kicks again easily, whilst I think Gray against the saints is going to struggle 2 weeks bacck!

Davoo

thats exactly right. put gray on when power play crows. thats when u put him on, even if pods was playing richmond probably. pods is like 28 years old and is great!!

elxam

Pods over Gray until Gray has proven himself