Main Menu

Worst trades in AFL history

Started by chosch, April 21, 2010, 02:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Yeah, the Saints handled it badly. If they were going to sack him, they should have sacked him as soon as it happen, rather than wait until official charges were laid which made them look like they were assuming guilt.

He wasn't a first-time offender though, not if you take into account his record at Essendon.

Bluke

I was surprised they took a punt on him in the first place. Still, they should have at least waited on the outcome of the trial. Now Lovett is taking them to the Fair Work Australia tribunal. Would be costing them so much in legal fees etc etc.

valkorum

I can understand them taking a punt on Lovett but not Peake, but so far it seems to be working

Justin Bieber

Quote from: valkorum on April 22, 2010, 06:40:37 AM
I can understand them taking a punt on Lovett but not Peake, but so far it seems to be working
They are great midfielders, but none with pace to burn. Peake and Lovett were recruited to fill this void.

valkorum

I understand that HP, just wonder why ex Freo players always seem to play better once we make the stupid trade.

Peter Bell
Jeff White
Jess Sinclair
Trent Croad (although he was Hawthorns to start with, but he played his best footy when he went back)
(so far) now Peake

Bluke

Can't beat a seachange I guess.

MissPiesFF

Quote from: Bluke on April 21, 2010, 07:50:10 AM
Only because the Saints sacked him.

Whatever happened to the presumption of innocence?
Ok sorry to bring this up but. Since when does a footy player have to force Se* upon anyone? ...I think he is innocent.
Even the last man standing at the bar that closes at midnight can get a Roo*. She may be errr on the gross side but still. Beer goggles do wonders right guys?..She didn't LOVETT? PAAAALEEEESE!

Justin Bieber

Quote from: valkorum on April 22, 2010, 02:14:29 PM
I understand that HP, just wonder why ex Freo players always seem to play better once we make the stupid trade.

Peter Bell
Jeff White
Jess Sinclair
Trent Croad (although he was Hawthorns to start with, but he played his best footy when he went back)
(so far) now Peake
They should of reviewed their recruiting department earlier after trading away all of them :o

ossie85

Add James Clement, Paul Medhurst, Jeff White and Andrew McLeod to that list....

valkorum

Jeff White was already on the list.  I also heard a rumour back in the day that we overlooked Lloyd in the draft

bunyip

Hindsight is a marvelous thing. You make the best decisions based on the information you have at the time. Some work, some don't. I think your teams football scouts are among the most important people. They hold the clubs future in their hands to a certain extent.

valkorum

Quote from: bunyip on April 23, 2010, 03:46:51 AM
Hindsight is a marvelous thing. You make the best decisions based on the information you have at the time. Some work, some don't. I think your teams football scouts are among the most important people. They hold the clubs future in their hands to a certain extent.

Absolutely the point I was trying to make.  Freo have had TERRIBLE recruiting staff since we started in the comp in '95.  Over the last few years we have made the necessary changes to that department and the dividends are starting to show through.  Going to be a really testing time for the recruiting staff for next couple of years drafts - with so many early selections not availble for the 16 clubs.

bunyip

You may have got it right in the nick of time :)

Bluke

QuoteOk sorry to bring this up but. Since when does a footy player have to force Se* upon anyone? ...I think he is innocent.
Even the last man standing at the bar that closes at midnight can get a Roo*. She may be errr on the gross side but still. Beer goggles do wonders right guys?..She didn't LOVETT? PAAAALEEEESE!

I'm going to try and forget I ever read this ignorant dribble.

Are you even female? Crap like that suggests to me that you may be masquerading, or are you just stupid?

ossie85

I'd ignore the troll :) They smell funny